Skip to content

UNABLE TO TAKE BACKUP OF PROJECTS ON GSA! - HELP!

Hello Everyone! How are you all? ;;)

From last few days, I am having a problem on GSA! I am unable to Backup my all projects! :-S I have tried it many times but no use. GSA created file Backup.ser but there is no data on it File Size - 0kb. And now I am seeing update available for GSA. so, cant updated without taking backup! :-SS

:-SS  PLEASE HELP! :-SS

Comments

• Do you pause and stop gsa ser before taking the backup ?

Happened to me too , I closed all other programs which were running and it worked .

IF you can't take backups simply copy the projects folder from where you have installed ser to anothe location . I think this should be good .
  • Yes! i have tried that too! But Its not working... :(  ok! Let me try the other way... Thanks! :)
  • I tried to find the location but projects are not saved on GSA folder on where its installed! can u tell me from where can i get that data?  :-S
  • ronron SERLists.com
    When you use the backup function, it prompts you where you want to save it, and what you want to name it.
  • c>users>your_user>appdata(hiddenfolder)>roaming>gsa ser >projects .

Do report this to sven. It should make backup in first place .
  • Thank You So Much...  :)>-
  • I ran into a similar problem today, and I was also able to fix it by closing all other programs and trying again.

Does anyone have tips for helping SER create backups faster? And is it still recommended to backup all projects before updating to a new version?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I honestly do it only once per week. The most important time to backup is when you add new projects, so always do it as soon as you create new ones.
  • Thanks for the advice @ron, I had not been doing that up til now.