Skip to content

test test and test some more

Hi all, 

I am new to the forum - just got my copy of GSA, also a bit of a newb (sorry in advance for any annoying questions)

Currently I am in the process of working out an seo plan, from help on here as well as some other forums, things are becoming pretty clear and I think i know what I have to do. I do of course want to test out some things first. 

If I am just in the testing process at the moment, is it enough to create a web 2.0 and try and rank that with various methods (mainly tiered) and see the results from that, or do i  HAVE to test out on an actual domain. The purpose is ONLY to test I don't plan on making money, just want to test some ideas out thus looking to use the blog as the 'money' site. 

Hope you can help, thanks in advance!

Comments

• Testing with Web2.0 will be fine and in some cases they are easier to rank.

Although in saying that you can pick .info domains for about £1
  • Hi davebel

Thanks for the response what I wanted to avoid was the hosting bit.

I could take a shared hosting account but if I have 10 domains on the account if I test and one gets a penalty is there not a risk of harming all domains in the shared hosting account? Thus the thought to just use for example gsanewb29.wordpress.com and test on that

Thanks
  • When I started, I tested things on Facebook pages which you can easily create and add content for free. And now a few of them are ranking quite well :)
  • @bangkoklad Thats pretty interesting, did you try tiered strategies for just go for straight out blasting?

Yes i wanted to make some tests on youtube videos, facebook pages and of course websites. 

• All out blasting :)

But you need to have some Likes and posts to look natural first or it won't work.
  • ok nice some good tips there. 

do you have experience with sites as well - I am going to choose a completely random topic, and try and rank a web 2.0 once i am bit more comfortable and can see what is/not working then ill start on some real money sites 
  • @gsanewb29 back to your question about shared hosting, no, if you get one domain penalised it won't have an impact on any of the other domains that you have hosted on the server.

If it was the case where it would, then the whole internet would be effectively goosed as most websites are hosted on shared hosting.
  • @davbel thanks thats a big help! pretty interesting as well - obviouly if I was making  PBN i wouldn't put them all in the same shared hosting account. 

Will just make sure that I keep things separate and dont link between all the different domains!