Skip to content

First Line from File in a Folder

edited May 2014 in Need Help
For anyone may have this answer or else @sven

I want to use in the Title of the Article a macro that will pull the 1st line from a random file in a folder.
Something like this %spinfolder-C:\Users\Administrator\Dropbox\Gsa\_Content\VK\Descriptions% but will only pull the 1st line from the file.. 

I found that ser has already %first_paragraph-article% which is used in the summary of the articles. 

Is there a macro that will do the work ? Or if not is it possible to be in the software ??

I get all the articles spinned and in the 1st line i have the title with html ( <h1> </h1> ).. I think this will be really useful for a lot of people.. What do you think ??

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    I saw in the macros info: %first_sentence-article%
    But i tried this and it didn't seem to work for me, maybe try it and let us know if it works for you?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Try %first_sentence-$spinfolder-c:\myfile.txt$%

But don't expect it to work on Test/Preview as this is something more complicated only working on submission.

• Thanks @gooner for the answer.. Unfortunately with this macro it give an "articl" as the article title..

Thanks @sven for the answer.. I will test this and let you know the result..

This is what i am going to test...

%first_sentence-$spinfolder-C:\Users\Administrator\Dropbox\Gsa\_Content\VK\Descriptions%
  • Unfortunately this doesn't work..  The it outputs the the macro as a text.. Any other ideas @sven ?
    next version allows you to use a filepath/directorypath in those macros. This will hopefully fix it for you.
  • Thanks @sven .. Really appreciate this.. You are the best... :-)
  • @sven Its working fine now but at most engines it leaves the % symbol as the 1st character in Titles..

example: %Best insurance companies of Australia

Do you think you can make something to fix this ??
    can you provide a project backup?
  • Yes,

Check your pms in 2 minutes...