Skip to content

Better Communication between GSA SER and CB

My setup for captcha's is to try CB 3 times before moving on to ReverseProxies OCR.  Within CB I have it ignoring reCaptcha and Mollum, so when watching it clearly there is a lack of communication between GSA and CB as GSA resends the same reCaptcha's through to CB 3 times before moving on to the next captcha service.

So is there a way to override or change this so CB sends a message back (instead of an unable to solve message) that instead it tells GSA to move onto the next captcha solver?  It should only do this if it recognizes the captcha and knows it is set not to solve.

What are others thoughts on this?
(not sure if this has already been requested or not?)

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Hmm yes can try to add that.
  • Well spotted Flembot. In theory, adding this will greatly lower the amount of blobs showing on recpatcha too as there will be far fewer requests per page :)
    SER can handle this in latest version...though a smal change on CB has to be made...so wait till that update is out and it's done (working already in my beta version).
  • Or @sven could you please have SER setup with ReverseProxies OCR the same way that it is setup with Spamvilla in that if you add ReverseProxies OCR directly to SER as the 2nd service then SER knows to ONLY send recaptcha, kcaptcha, and mollom to it? This would be awesome and would also cut down on blobs and would improve speed as well since you're "cutting out the middleman". 
  • When those captchas were unchecked, it used to just say skipping based on settings, and some update recently - made it ignore unchecked options and definitely re-trying several times - the captcha that we unselected... (not sure what the point is of having a checkbox next to captchas if they're all going to be tried anyway?)  So would be very good if this gets fixed.
  • The same goes for "only try to solve with success rate above"
    Sorry but I can't reproduce the things you report here. It is skipping for me correctly. Of course only if you didn't use the option to handle unchecked types as not present. Because then it might detect another captcha type or solve it as unknown one.
  • Here is an image in CB showing that it is trying it 3 times when it is unchecked.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=30wa72d&s=8#.U2aReFcvCmw

I do not have treat unknown as not present checked.
    It has "Skipped by settings" in it!?
  • Shouldn't it go to the next captcha provider after the first skip though, rather than the 3rd time.
  • Exactly dab

Sven I have all the captcha solving setup in GSA so 1st goes to CB (3 retries) > ReverseProxies OCR (1 retry) > deCaptcha.

So when a captcha is sent from GSA to CB it appears that CB just sends a message back saying it was skipped, GSA then sends it back to CB to fulfill the number of retries, whereas I am asking that GSA understands it is set to skip so there is no point in sending it back to CB but should then move onto the next captcha selection.
  • Well in my case, it doesn't even do that.  It says "expecting X # of retries"..  It USED to say "skipped due to settings" or something like that, and then send back to SER to use the second solver, but now - it does similar to Flembot - where it just retries and retries, thus getting proxies blocked MUCH quicker.

So basically, unchecking a captcha type in CB - apparently does nothing.

And no, I also do not have the "treat unchecked captchas as not present"..

It used to work perfectly fine a week ago.. Now it doesn't.

@Sven -- If a captcha type is NOT selected, and it see's it - should it not skip?  Yes, it used to say it was skipping it -- now its just retrying multiple times, as if it thinks it's supposed to try and solve it. 
  • @sven - any comment on what I said above in regards to telling SER to only send recaptcha and mollom to reverse ocr if it is set as the 2nd service in SER? Much better than reverseocr up in gsa cb imo. 

Please read my 1st reply to this thread. CB needs to be updated. So you have to wait till that next update is out that will send a "skip" message to SER to go on and not send it back the xyz times.

• Okay thanks Sven, it was just that your next reply (below) indicated there was no issue.

"Sorry but I can't reproduce the things you report here. It is skipping for me correctly. Of course only if you didn't use the option to handle unchecked types as not present. Because then it might detect another captcha type or solve it as unknown one. "

I look forward to the next update.
  • I figured out the bug.  If you have previously set Recaptcha "Toggle to use service" to ON in CB - but have NO service set in CB - then it does what we are trying to explain above.

The solution is to turn the "use service" option in CB on (use any service, its just temporary) -- then UNTOGGLE using captcha service by right clicking on Recaptcha and selecting toggle ... etc..  then turn OFF the option in CB options to use any service.

It will THEN start sending recaptcha to your OCR service (or whatever is set in GSA SER) immediately, instead of trying to solve it..

Less blob images already..  
  • Hmm, mine is not like that?  I checked it and it was not set to toggle, I know I have had it set to this before but not for a while or since I have had this issue.

And I have just checked and mine is still having the same issue.

Its late here so maybe I will play with it more in the morning!!
  • edited May 2014
    I'm not sure..  It had the green/yellow up/down arrows for my recaptcha row - in 3rd column.  I untoggled it, that icon was removed, and now it's skipping recaptcha like its' supposed to.

Although now - I'm having another problem.  Anytime I close CB - and reload it, the antigate emulator option in GSA SER - won't connect to the emulator.  Errors out when I click Test in GSA SER, and nothing is getting solved..  It's happened before, and I just had to reload the emulator a few times, but now its not working.. So can't get anything to work now lol..  
  • In case anyone has the problem with antigate emulator not connecting/testing correctly - just select another emulation in your antigate emulator, and deselect it or something.. it will start working then.
    OK I will fix the issue @larceny had about the Toggle thing. A new version might be out later today.
  • Will the reCaptcha still be send to the secondary service in SER (i.e. OCR), if we uncheck it in CB (without toggle) and use the option "Treat unchecked captchas as not present" ?
    yes
  • Hey, @Sven, would it be possible for CB to also alert SER that a certain site uses Recaptcha, and SER to store another verified list for recaptchas? I think it would be useful for achieving high LpM count for sites, where I don't want to use a service for Recaptcha.
    thats on my to do list already...internally this is recorded already but not written to site lists...might follow soon.
  • Sven - regarding this question: "Will the reCaptcha still be send to the secondary service in SER (i.e. OCR), if we uncheck it in CB (without toggle) and use the option "Treat unchecked captchas as not present" ?"

You answered Yes.  

If that's so, what's the point of that option, since it does that already if its not checked?

I think we mix things up with config in SER and CB.

SER only asks the next captcha service if no reply was given.

CB will ask it's configured captcha service if:

a) CB failed to get a result

b) it's unchecked and skipped

c) it's an unknown captcha type and it's configured to send unknown to the service.

• @Sven Is there a way, currently, to separate the "recaptcha sites" in a project from the other sites?
    yes by skipping hard captchas in program options.