Skip to content

GSA SERP Not using enough threads/CPU.

Hello,

After the recent update, GSA SERP is not using many threads as before and hence the performance has declined. I used to have 250+ threads running with 99% CPU usage but now GSA is using only 10~15 threads and hardly 5%~6% CPU. No settings have changed and yet this is happening. I would appreciate some assitance on this matter.

Than you.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

For one it's a low CPU usage and it's bad...for others it'S a high CPU usage and it's bad. Sorry, but this is getting on my nerves!

Yes a lower cpu usage might influence the threads that can be used. However on my tests it was not noticeable.  Your 10-15 threads might have other influences.

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    edited May 2014
    I have noticed this happens sometimes but from what i've seen, ser is reloading settings when this happens.

What I've seen is this.

SER running at full threads, then it starts to slow down, going to 10-15 threads. Then in the log I will see a message that says Reloading URL setting, or something along those lines, then threads go back to what I have set.

This is all normal operation of SER. If your threads are always low, then SER does not have enough target URL's to work with.
  • I have enough premium target URLs and dedicated proxies but after the latest update, GSA is simply going to 0 thread after running for a few minutes. Then I have to Stop-Start the projects and then GSA again starts creating links and the same thing repeats.

I have contacted my VPS provider and they have confirmed that the problem is not from their side.