Skip to content

GSA SER always crashing in the last update 8.28

@Sven If I try to add new list, check the remaining target url or to show the diagram of the project - SER just crashes. It's not only me, other people with SER have the same problem

Comments

• yes, same here
  • yup, same.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Do you get a bugreport window?
  • Nope, It's not actually crashing for me, it's just using up >99% of cpu... even with only 1 thread. Normally for me 128 threads runs at 30-80% CPU.  It seems to be working normally except for that... 
  • @sven No bug repport. just "Not responding" and then gives the option to "Close the program" or "wait the program to respond"
  • I have the same thing. When importing/showing urls
  • A little update:
    It crashed when importing 150k, 320k and 20k lists, but didn't crash on 13k.
    Running SER on i5-4440 @3.1 Ghz, 8gigs of ram.

I don't know if this is any valuable info, but I'll be glad to help however I can :)
    let me know if the 8.29 fixes things for you.
  • I just updated to 8.29- still crashing on Show Diagram. Someone else please tell on importing lists because I'm going out :)
  • Fix didnt helped me either, everytime i click on proxy its not responding
    I found that issue and fixed it in 8.30 ...it was not my code that bugged here (component I used had bugs).
  • @Sven I can't able to open the software. It keep says not responding since the 8.28 update. I also tried install the 8.29 and even 8.30 manually, still can't able to start it. when i click open, it get into task bar without opening the software window.
  • Still cant configure proxies in 8.30
  • still 1 thread >99% CPU here with 8.30, running windows 8 64bit physical desktop. sorry, not fixed yet
    8.31 should fix it
  • Fixied, thanks
  • It's working now, thanks
  • mirenmiren Macedonia
    My GSA SER is still using 100% of the CPU. 8.27 version was using only 30-40%.
    @miren thats no longer an version issue as I didn't change anything on this that could increase cpu usage. Please do some more tests.
  • mirenmiren Macedonia

@Sven sending you my login details so you can take a look(if you have time). Thanks
  • steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    2014-04-30 10:10: E-Mail login error for clydeasaa@hotmail.com: +OK mailbox updated, POP3 server signing off
    2014-04-30 10:10: E-Mail login error for museedwf@hotmail.com: +OK mailbox updated, POP3 server signing off
    2014-04-30 10:10: E-Mail login error for hayestsf@hotmail.com: +OK mailbox updated, POP3 server signing off
    2014-04-30 10:10: E-Mail login error for tessaerfa@hotmail.com: No Buffer space available

getting tons of errors like this for both yahoo and hotmail
  • For me even at 8.31 doesn't work well, every moment something strange is going on, there are errors and crashes every now and then, even now I could not write from your computer with just a Tablet, Sven help me
  • hi @sven, i just started to encounter problems with Search Engine Ranker this morning after updating to the latest version.

After updating, I cannot run the program. When I start it, all that happens is that it sits in the taskbar and no window shows up.

I left it for hours and still nothing. Just tried uninstalling and re-installing and I am still not able to run it.

Please help.

P.S. Just read through the forums and you're everywhere, a big THANK YOU for always being there for the people that use SER and all the other GSA programs!!!
  • steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    edited April 2014
    2014-04-30 13:03: E-Mail login error for soonq2lofaro@yahoo.com: No Buffer space available
    2014-04-30 13:03: E-Mail login error for ulaubtrumbull@yahoo.com: No Buffer space available
    2014-04-30 13:10: E-Mail login error for rnejegg@hotmail.com: No Buffer space available
    2014-04-30 13:10: E-Mail login error for rnyonec@hotmail.com: +OK mailbox updated, POP3 server signing off
    2014-04-30 13:12: E-Mail login error for lanier8catapano@yahoo.com: +OK server signing off.

Still getting these errors..

Anyone else...with yahoo and hotmail???
  • nope, 8.31 is worse for me... I open up the program, all good, then I click start, and CPU shoots up immediately and everything goes utterly unresponsive, It just says it's starting up the projects, and I have to click the little x and wait a few minutes for it to shut down / crash. I'd say I have pretty large lists and 20+ projects with 5000+ verified links each, very long 30000+ word spun articles, etc. if that helps. Am a dev myself, good job with overall progress, good luck fixing all the little (fatal) bugs!
  • Strange, I can get by for now by making all projects inactive, and activating them one by one, and re-inactivating if they trigger the undesired "CPU goes to 99%" problem, and I'm left with about 50% of my projects running without any problem, and the other 50% unusable as they trigger the "CPU goes to 99% even with only 1 thread" problem, and I cannot see a pattern why one would work and another not work.

Useful for anyone with the same problem and waiting for a magical update, at least as a short term solution.
    @makeskita feel free to send me that problematic project as backup
  • 8.32 solved all my issues, Big Respect to Sven!