Skip to content

[SERLists.com] Anchor Text Settings

sagarpatilsagarpatil 1LinkList Ninja
edited April 2014 in Other / Mixed
Hey @ron, @gooner2Take2,

For your lists, I use this anchor text setting for my money site and Tier 1 projects.

You think its alright? Or do you have any feedback on it?

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited April 2014
    Hey there,

Everyone does things slightly differently, for me i try to keep total keyword anchor text below 10%.

Yours is 70% total, which seems very high. You may be risking an over-optimisation penalty with that kind of anchor text %.
  • sagarpatilsagarpatil 1LinkList Ninja
    @gooner thank you for your inputs. I appreciate it. 

Could you be kind enough to share one of your anchor text settings for money site and tier 1 site please
    :)

I've spent an hour trying to figure out the combination, but I'm not able to come up with something solid, besides it would be just guest work. I would love to know what works for you.

@ron if you've got any suggestions, would love to hear from you.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited April 2014
    No problem, the way you have to look at it is that anchor text percentage has less importance in ranking your site these days. (Having said that, i still use anchor text links for high quality links).

All you are trying to do is make your backlink profile look natural. So, if you were sharing a link with me, how would you give me the link?

Most of the time it would be just the URL right? Or maybe you would use the name of the site like GSA Forum  and sometimes "Click here" maybe.

With that in mind you could do something like 50% URL, 30% branding anchor text, 20% general/random anchor and 10% keyword anchor text.

Something like that will be fine, the most important thing is to try and keep your keyword anchors at around 10% to 20% maximum. That is the safest way.
    Got it boss. Thank you so much. :)
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @sagarpatil - Also uncheck "Use keywords as anchor text". Never check that. I 1000% agree with @gooner on the branding %. I would also uncheck the last box on domain/generic....just not needed.
    Will do that right away @ron. Can't thank you guys enough. I'm following all the tips you've mentioned in your guides for serlists and my GSA SER is working like a charm. :)

Keep those lists coming! We love them.