Skip to content

.sl File Question

steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
What i have been doing is every time i get a new list i just add it to the failed folder...and when creating a new project just make sure the failed folder is checked

Over time i have added like 10 .sl files to the failed folder...Are all these files in the folder or is it just the last file i loaded into the failed folder thats there?

hope im making since...lol

Comments

• edited April 2014
    all of them :D

if you have failed checked and exported to the failed folder you now basically have a mix of failed sites and improted lists there :D. if you want to use failed you need to select the folder with your list, but not check the mark next to it (which means it will not write to the folder).

so you might want to dedupe urls and domains of the failed folder, export to file (will make a nice sl file), clear (or change) the folder, and improt the sl file into some projects to let it run throught the acumulated files to get the good liks out of it. Afterwards just delete the file as it is old and the valuable links are in the verified (if you haven't checked that - you should).

if you really have failed checked I guess you might as well delete the contents altogether as your submissions speed might be very low. I'd get rid of it, and improt into projects directly having only the verified checked (so the good links will be written there)
  • steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    Thanks...I have never saved anything to the failed folder.....hence is why i use it for .sl files

So i think im good then??

Appreciate your reply
  • If you add sl files to any folder they remain there for all eternity. Whenever a site dies your folder gets worse up to the point where it is complete garbage. So it would be good to do a little cleaning once a while :)