Skip to content

Self hosted vs Hotmails?

Hey so iv read a few threads that say self hosted emails get more verifieds, but you should use different domains for each project - which doesnt sound right since i would need 30 domains for 30 projects?

How do you guys make so many self hosted emails?

And is it that much better than normal hotmails - is it worth the hassel of making them?

Comments

• $0.99 .info domains man.

Also I'm sure they're a lot better than hotmails as they're blacklisted on a good amount of websites. Also you don't have to bother with those damn annoying errors you'll get from hotmails all the time. I switched to rediff mails a couple of weeks ago and they're working great for me. No errors anymore and I'm sure I'm getting more links.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    Yep, totally agree... Hotmails suck!
    We've been testing emails for over a month now, results will be published on the forum in a week or so.
  • MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
    Interesting, I've been wondering about hotmail accounts for a while .. I now use a mix of yahoo and hotmail on each project and I'm sure the verifieds are better than using hotmail only. @fakenickahl‌ where do you get your Rediff emails from, I'm guessing you bulk buy? I wouldn't mind giving those a try
  • edited April 2014
    I have also thrown out hotmail and using self hosted emails instead. It was a pain to manually verify temporarily locked hotmail account's all the time. Have lost many links that way.
    Takes a little longer to create email accounts now but it's worth it when you see the number of verified links. :-)
  • If everyone will use Rediff, he will die as hotmail  :ar!
  • @codie, Sven recommends 10 emails per project. So if you've 30 projects, you'll need 300 emails. But, you don't need to buy 30 domains. Just one will do, then create 300 emails using cPanels email import feature.

Here's the link to cPanels email import feature,

http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/cpanel/cpanel-email/import-email-accounts-forwarders-in-cpanel

Just create a CSV file, import into cPanel, and you'll have 300 emails in minutes...