Skip to content

Macro For PDFs Uploading From Folder

Hi @Sven and folks,

is there a macro for  uploading of random pdf files by SER?

I tried %spinfolder-c:\path\PDFs% but it doesn't work.

Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    that should work
  • edited April 2014
    @Sven, then why SER doesn't upload my PDFs? Any other reasons? It creates accounts on document sites but doesn't upload the documents.
    for what engine? Might be a different issue here.
  • @Sven, for all engines.

there are just two engines that use pfds as upload.
  • Yes, @Sven, and uploading doesn't work with both.

I just uploaded 2 files manually to Scribd and IDocScript. Scribd has a mandatory field "Document Description". Maybe it is a reason?

By iDocScript SER didn't comformed my email (I don't knoe why) and the uploading requeres an conformed email. Maybe it is a reason...
    I will check all domains with IDocScript and check emails.

turn on debug mode and see whats wrong in there
  • OK; btw, issuu.com,  jux.com are good PDF sharing sites too. Could they be added to SER?
    almost anything can be added...just that I can not add them all alone...maybe someone feels like scripting it.
  • Unfortunately, I'm not able to do this
    :(
  • @Sven, SER runs in debug mode now and my antivir steady blocks a trojan Exploit:HTML/iFrameRef.EF:

file:C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Admin\Anwendungsdaten\GSA Search Engine Ranker\debug\mydadhasrights.com_765F4A.html
    file:C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Admin\Anwendungsdaten\GSA Search Engine Ranker\debug\mydadhasrights.com_8B1BEF.html
    file:C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Admin\Anwendungsdaten\GSA Search Engine Ranker\debug\mydadhasrights.com_F1B61D.html

and so on.

My PC is clean. How to avoid this?
    Nothing to worry. That site seems to be infected and as SER saves the html files to disk it is a problem for your anti virus program. However don't open those files in a browser (or turn javascript off if you have to).
  • OK, thanks.
  • Hi @Sven,

after running debug I see some miscellaneous errors during account creating etc. on different URLs for iDocScript

It seems that SER's iDocScipt file miss the step "Upload Document" (the last step is "find link=Edit Profile").

Furthermore it seems SER tries to register to the same account using the same email address many times so at the end the already live accounts will be disabled.

Till now I did't have any Scribd submissions so no debug information.
    idocscript doesnt upload pdfs at all. Its just a profile creating engine. Though might add pdf upload to it if you give me an account that allows it.
  • Do you mean the data of an already created account on idocscript site? I ask because all idocscripts allow upload.
    only after email verification. However I made some changes to the script and now it allows upload as well. Though that resulting url does not have an active link, just the pdf displayed in a frame and with plugins...I don't think its that of a valuable link but then again my SEO knowlage is limited.
  • edited April 2014
    @Sven, you are great! But why do you mean the URL does not have an active link? If your pdf has an active link everybody can click on and every search engine can read PDFs nowadays. I'll pm my links for PDF I manually uploaded yesterday - maybe you mean something different...

Plus there are title, description and tags fields there and they definitely have SEO value.
    just view the source of it. It has no html link. What you see in your browser is rendered by plugins.
  • @Sven, you mean this part of source
    <div class="widget">
                        	<div class="tab_tags">
                        	                                                                                                <a href="http://www.multidox.com/download/doc/my-document.html">Download</a>

</div>
    is not html link?

Plus I have to make an experiment: I allowed plugins and embedding. I will disallow them and see what will happen.
    Well the download is there but what I mean is the links in the PDF file. Those are not seen. Anyway you have that pdf links in next version.
  • Thanks, Sven! And please withtitle, description and tags if possible.
  • edited April 2014
    Wow, @Sven, works like a charm!!!  I'll pm you th fresh by SER uploaded document.
    ^:)^