Skip to content

Links with optimized anchor text in articles violate google policy?

by reading through google guideline:
Links with optimized anchor text in articles or press releases distributed on other sites (https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/66356)

Anyone have any idea how to go around it?

Comments

• 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited April 2014
    IMO the only real value from press releases these days is for either; link diversity, or to piggy back off the domain authority and rank them in the SERPs to funnel traffic on to your money site.

That said, if your goal is to stay within the google guidelines, then you're probably in the wrong forum :D
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Google Guidelines, lol.
  • I am worry because I got notification from google webmaster tool that one of my ecommerce site violated the guideline and I have been struggling with this site around 30-35 ranking position for major keywords 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Yea G. has ridiculous guidelines. Alone the term "Extensive" is not defined. I mean at what point it is extensive for them? It's like G. defines the Internet now and how it should be. Thats not the case. The only way they do it is to protect there money machine. 

We had an adwords account for many many years advertising our custom software development niche and GSA Email Spider. They kicked us after like 5 years (no change made to the campaign). The reason you ask? Suddenly it was no longer allowed to advertise mass marketing software. Of course not as that will destroy there market.

But then again do a search on G. with "Email Marketing Software‎". You will see several other adword campaigns from competitors. I gave up sending complains as I find it unfair that G. kept them and removed us.

Though it's G. ... you can't do anything!

• "But then again do a search on G. with "Email Marketing Software‎". You will see several other adword campaigns from competitors. I gave up sending complains as I find it unfair that G. kept them and removed us."

@Sven, unfair??????? Say "thanks" to G. for that UNBIASED CONFORMATION that clearly shows your products are the best!
    :D
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    haha OK you can see it that way as well ;)