Skip to content

GSA Settings

Hi there, I am relatively new to using GSA, but have been running 20 or so campaigns over the past 2-3 months.
I am having issues with my latest set of campaigns, in that is is using the URL for over 90% of anchor text, despite me setting it up to deliver 25%.

My question today is what does the setting called ....
'Try to use domain/generic anchor with main anchor'
actually do?

Could this be the reason I am  seeing way more URL anchor text than Ive setup?

I have tried to include a screenshot here of my VPS and campaign settings if anyone has any ideas - not sure its come in or not.

Thanks in advance.
Graham

Comments

• It's the 25% of submitted URL. You're seeing them in 90% of verified URL. Others are not lost, they are just not approved yet. My 2 cents.
  • Hi Tanim, sorry but I dont quite understand what your saying.
    I have set 'Domain as anchor' to 20%.
    Are you saying that the URL links are seen first and that Ahrefs  will see the others in the future, so thereby reducing the 90%?
    Tx Graham
  • No, what I meant was this. Let's say you submit 100 links. 20 of them contains domain as anchor. Now out of the 100, 10 gets approved. From that approved 10, 9 have domain as anchor bringing the percentage to 90%. Now, the rest links are not lost, they are just not verified yet. I hope you got the point.
  • Thank you for clarifying. Are you saying then that Ahrefs only shows verified links?
  • Yes, Ahrefs can not show links that are not verified. It will also only show you a fraction of the actual amount of links to you domain.
  • @fakenickahl So your saying Ahrefs will only show you some of the links that you have indexed by search engines??? 

I use ahrefs, majesticSEO and some times MoZ opensiteexplorer and they all seem to give me different figures.

If this is what your saying is it best to just use the stats off GSA ??
  • @StaceAce, I might be very wrong, but I believe ahrefs and such services crawls search engines for urls to crawl. But of course all link crawlers will give you different results, they have no where near the ability to crawl the web as Google has, so they can't crawl everything and it's different what they will crawl.

It's always better to use the verified stats in SER, and running them through an index check if you wish to know how many has been indexed.
  • Thanks for the info @fakenickahl, makes sense...