Skip to content

Will any VPS with good specs be good to have GSA SER running

~Been reading the threads on hosting for GSA SER on here and indeed i'm on the hunt for one

I realise that 4 gig of RAM is the standard and the more CPU power the better. I also figured that a 100mbs connection is fine and so is around 2tb mnonthly bandwidth. Question is then, Berman, Solid, Hostamus and host-stage are all recommended here, but seem pricey, will any hosting be fine as long as it has good specs??

Berman: previously hosted with them and gotta say I found them ok though cannot remember the download speed
13.60Ghz 4 core, 4gb ram and 1000mbps connect is $42.74 month

Solid: same as above but on SSD drives is $69.95, reports are connection speed is super fast but for GSA SER i'm not sure i'll need this

Hostamus: 6.4 Ghz (2x3.2 Ghz) 1000mb connection is $60 so this is pretty much out the running

all the above are super mentioned on all forums etc.......

so i'm wondering what host like these offer

http://www.hyper-v-mart.com
4 core, 16GB ram 80gbSSD and 320HHD, 100mbps for $39.99

http://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/vps-cloud.xml
6 core, 8gb ram, 100mbps for $42

theres a few more out there and just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as to why one is better than other

I'll only be running GSA SER on there with catcha sniper, Gscraper, and indexer with 50 proxies

Comments

• steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    I got Solid about a week ago.....gsa ser has been running amazing on it non stop with out any problems what so ever....support is awesome

i have no affiliation with them...just a happy customer
  • happy with the price? wonddering jusst why people choose this over other when there is cheaper out there

get what you pay for...i chose the wizard and its been so awesome...seriously
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2014

There are probably plenty of good providers, it is just that in our circles the same tired names (Berman, etc.) keep making the rounds. And out of all of those names, solid happens to be the best. Are they the only vps provider worth a damn? No.

You can google VPS providers and find them in the 100's. But you are never quite sure if they get upset with linkbuilding spam and such. That doesn't mean you can't give it a shot. Just make sure you are backed up with projects, folders, dropbox, etc., before you take the plunge. Because if you get shut down, you need a backup.

And as far as price is concerned, you pretty much get what you pay for in this game. If it is cheap, the reason is usually because it is crap. That doesn't mean you can't find a good deal, but just remember when it all falls apart on you, ask yourself if saving $20/mth or whatever was worth all the headaches when you have to move. This is where you will usually find the correct answer, lol.

• got ya there pal, suppose theres a reason why the hosts that get mentioned keep getting mentioned. I would of thought any provider is fine with spam as long as proxies are used, no harm no foul kind thinking
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    I would also add that @Solidseovps have the best support for any product or service i have ever used.
    Whatever the problem or question they deal with it super fast.

I've had expensive servers go down and support don't reply to your tickets for 2 days sometimes. You never have that problem with solid.
    Absolutely Gooner....As good as it gets when it comes to support
  • Another vote for Solid. Been a customer for months now and their services have been top notch.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    It was kind of funny. When he got started here, nobody was giving him a chance. Some people took issue with the fact that he was self-promoting when the opportunity arose. I'm sure you guys know I can't stand that type of crap myself.

But one of the issues we had back then was that everybody was complaining about the run-of-the-mill providers you see mentioned all the time. So my position was to defend him as I felt in was in everyone's best interest to see if he was any good. I took a chance. And I feel vindicated because everybody is so damn happy with his product. (And I am lucky it turned out that way, lol.)

So if you guys know somebody is good, and you are an established member (ahem, not someone who just signed up on the forum in the last 24 hrs lol), then let everyone know. The more quality competition, the better it is for all of us. 

• Solid is solid for sure-just trying out the dual core,2 gigs one.I am also having a positive experience with host-stage,godmode and Bullet.And yes GSA SER is a 32 bit app, no point in having a VPS over 4 gigs of memory.I am not sure what the hype is about SSD VPSs .I hardly see a difference other than the fact they can import lists quickly.I would probably stick the quad core with 4gigs from SOLID if i were you
  • ssd is same price as hdd as i dont require any space over 20 gig really, ok true enough i'm gonna give solid a try i think, but its almost twice the price as others which is the only thing putting me off. thanks guys,
  • bollocks to it, went for the cloud service from ovh.co.uk for £30 around $20 less than solid and has better spec, i try and let you all know how it goes
  • 69thelememt  if you had looked closely there is just a $5 difference between a SSD and non-SSD VPS on Solid.Anyways best of luck with OVH! let us know
  • whats $5 a cup of coffee??
  • @gooner Thank you very much for the support you are providing us, We appreciate it

steelbone Thank you for your business and Glad everything is working great for you
    @bangkoklad Thank you for your business

@Ron I remember you gaved us really hard time in begining, Glad we owned your trust, I understand from where you are coming from and that there is so many false alert out there. We didnt do it the right way either when we started on this forum and it was the only forum we made the wrong approach to, however i am glad everything is fixed now and we gain people trust and business as well as GSA and becoming today their recommended vps

@spammasta Thank you for your business

69thelememt We hear all the time complains about this, we dont think our price is high at all to be compared to any seo provider (and when i mean this, i mean legit good companies, not people running it from their home basment) if you compare our prices to big names ones in the scene, we defeinatly comes out the cheapest, not only you get the cheapest price, but we try to provide you the best support and service we can. If you have an issue with us, we try our best to fix it in a minutes, we do provide 24/7 real support, anytime we will address any issue you have, Also we do provide real Gsa support as well real 100% uptime, i dont think most seo provider would even compete with our 100% uptime and you can ask everyone.

At the end, your choice to be our client or not, we dont force anyone.. People are not stupid and i think they can see who is good and who is bad.
  • @s4nt0s, it seems bulletproofvps is once again trying to promote themselves with a fresh account ^
  • @Sven - please ban foster45. 
  • gotta say so far so good, server is fast and responsive. need more proxies, how many proxys you guys have for 1000 threads

• @69thelement, I've used 50 and 100 proxies for both 1000 and 1500 threads and I really havn't seen much of a difference. This is probably only because I'm not scraping in SER though.
  • Not sure how the number of threads matter when you are using captcha sniper or Captcha breaker which will anyway slow down the submission speed. 200 threads seems like a decent number. I use just 10 semi deds and I am able to submit to 100k per day with 50 to 70 lpm
  • @hoolak, I have heard that captcha sniper slows down SER considerably though I've not used it myself for this reason. With captcha breaker I've seen clear increases in submissions by increasing threads from 500 to 1000, so I'm pretty sure captcha breaker is able to keep up. I've also had a lpm of 600 and everytime I saw the counter for how many captchas had been sent in SER increase, a captcha would also pop up in captcha breaker.
  • so 50 is fine??
  • I would say yes as long as you're not scraping within SER. However the only way to know for sure would be to try out different amounts of proxies and figuring out for yourself what amount works out best.
  • fakenickahl Yeah that could be possible since CB uses the connections well. I was doing the test yesterday between CB and CS and found CB to perform marginally better than CS. Didnt get much chance to test CB fully due to the demo limitations. May i know what VPS stats you have for running so many threads

69thelememt  you could go with solidseovps..They use the same thing as berman but have far better support atleast. Get 10 proxies(semi dedicated from buyproxies) and you could easily go upto 200 threads..Minimum 100 threads.
  • na i always scrape with SB to get target sites. Way i understood it was most people are ovh resellers. not the ovh cloud service now, is there anything in the server settings that might by why im getting lot of 'download failed' in task log??? even when using site lists LPM is poor and when i open sites in browser a lot are there. I even did a ALIVE test in scrapebox on a list put it in a task and still got same???
  • 150 threads running with 50 proxies and there staying live

• thread time out switch upto 150 sec from 45

• Sure @hoolak, I'm using a dedicated server though. It has 12 cores and 24 threads at 2,66ghz, 24gb RAM, a SSD hdd, and a 1gbit connection. However the amount of threads I'm able to run depends entirely on the type of list I'm running. When I'm going through a verified list I have to decrease my threads to 300-500, but if I'm going through a freshly scraped list of unique domains I can take it all the way up to 1500 threads.
  • DDAAMMMMM!!!!! and how many proxies you have for that??

• Hi guys,
    I'm about to join the GSA family, too. I've saved some money and 2 projects ready to go. Only problem is, I'm on a really REALLY tight budget. Seriously, I can't stress this out enough.

The 2 projects I have waiting in line have low/medium KW comp and therefore won't need link blasting like there's no tomorrow.
    Can you guys tell me what the minimum requirements for SER(+Link indexer, +Captcha Sniper) are? I don't mind having a low LPM the first month, until I get seom rankings and money starts flowing in. As soon as that happens I'll instantly upgrade to a premium VPS.

Your help is very much appreciated.