Skip to content

Calling Spinfile in a Spinfile... Pls help

edited April 2014 in Bugs
Hey guys,

thank you for this awesome place and thank you @sven for your great work.

I have 2 files:

File A has several sentences which should replace several words by grabbing a word from another file (also with spintext):

Hello this is sentence %spinfile-fileB.txt% one.
This is %spinfile-fileB.txt% number two.

and so on...

File B has several words:

Number
Cat
Dog
Pizza

When i start a campaign, i add the line (or more of them) to the article's body:

%spinfile-fileA.txt% %spinfile-fileA.txt%

The preview shows exactly what I need... Something like that:

Hello this is sentence Cat one. This is Pizza number two.

Today I started my first test campaign and the result I got was looking like that:

Hello this is sentence Number one. Hello this is sentence Number one.

Is it possible that this is a bug? When i paste "%spinfile-fileA.txt%" a hundred times into the article's body, I will get 100 times the same sentence pulled from File A with 100 or more times the same permutation of a word.

Here's another example of my output that has been posted on a site:

"Gummi soll das Gummi (die EZB beobachtet hauptsächlich die Gummi M3) die Gummi nicht übersteigen, damit die Gummi niedrig bleibt.
Gummi soll das Gummi (die EZB beobachtet hauptsächlich die Gummi M3) die Gummi nicht übersteigen, damit die Gummi niedrig bleibt." (x times more this sentence...)

As you can see, it did not grab lines from file A randomly but stuck with a line and with a single word (Gummi) on every level.

Did I misunderstand the functionality or could this be a bug? Pls don't get me wrong, the preview makes excellent sentences like i need them (random on every level) but after actually posting something, the output is wrong.

I would be very grateful if Sven could fix that (if this is a bug).

Thanks

bish0p

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    no but but a wanted behaviour. Check the docu. What you want it either %spinfile2% macro or the #file_links macro.
  • thx Sven, i was so motivated to start and took action before reading carefully. Vielen Dank (y)