Skip to content

Link to email setup discussions? Getting errors

Hi I'm searching for a detailed discussion or video for email setup and can't seem to find anything.  I'm getting a lot of emails with "connection timed out" or Pop has been disabled but i don't know how to set up so I can check POP etc for the dozens of emails I'm adding (bought from a service).

I wanted to know if it could be the list (I didn't have this problem a few months ago) and also I read people talking about setting up catchall emails but not sure how to do that.

I have searched forum for more but am not finding the discussions folks are saying are already on here somewhere (asked and answered I'm sure, but not finding them).

Thanks

Comments

• Hotmail recently disabled POP on the majority of e-mails and you'll need to login to each account and enable it again. Kaine posted a script which will do this for you. The other errors seems to just be a part of using hotmail and outlook e-mails. All my errors disappeared when I switched to rediff.
  • Thanks very much - I'm assuming the POP hits outlook too since both Microsoft?

I will check out rediff.  
  • I checked my accounts - the POP settings were correctly set up on my list, it was after the change, so I'm assuming that these are just all the types of errors I will see on SER?  

I have all kinds of errors, proxy, email, etc., yet still getting verifications etc but just have no way of knowing which are real fatal errors and which are just part of the system (that some sites won't work) etc.  So, apologies for posting the basic  questions.