Skip to content

Link Wheel

edited November 2012 in Need Help
Are link wheels still working ?

I happen to have a bunch of Tumblr and Weebly sites link wheeled together with contextual link to my money site's inner pages ?

Should I "UN-LINK" the wheel and make it as a stand-alone Tier 1 ?

Any comments is highly appreciated ?

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Would also like to know this!
  • I'd just open the wheel (dunno the effect on that since it was closed to start with), basically break the chain and don't link the last link to the first.

Then just use it as a tier 1 and build pyramid on it (as far as i know gsa can't do link wheels per se, just pyramids)

• If you are doing SEO, You should know that you should ALWAYS be testing.  Testing this, Testing that.  It's literally a never ending cycle. 

What might work for you might not work for someone else, as we are all going after diff keywords,  diff competing pages etc. etc.  On page seo  as you know soooo many factors.   If you'd like to know if they work still.  Test it. :) 

Me Personally  I'd rather test it and find out myself than ask someone else where they are so many diff variables in place.  Just my thoughts. :)
  • It really depends upon the state and age of the web 2s you are referring to. If they are aged and have a good backlink profile then there is no harm in linking them. If however you have used and abused them with tons of trashy links they are probably 'marked' as a link wheel in the true spam sense by G.

Creating websites and inter linking them is not a problem if they contain good quality information (unique of course) and have a trusted and ethical backlink profile. Its when they have additional spam metrics associated with them that you have a problem IMO :)