Skip to content

Memory Issue SER v4.59 - Downgrade possible?

edited November 2012 in Bugs
Last version worked good and did not change anything but upgrading to v4.59 and after that program gets stuck with "Too much memmory..." 

I have had this issue before on older versions but the v4.58 did not have this, is it possible to downgrade SER until this issue have been fixed? 
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

there is nothing to fix. If you read the change log you see that I didn't change any sensitive things. If you get this message than you use to much memory. Maybe some "huge keyword list" got added or something alike. You can also uncheck the option to check for memory usage in case you feel better than.

using the previous version is also possible (linked to start menu).

• Ok, understand. Is there a way to delete all keywords on selected projects in order to later use the import keywords function for new, less keywords? 
    just clear the field 
  • I have 80 projects set with different keywords of which I want to clean out the keywords on and apply a new set of kw to , is there a way to mass delete those without touching any other settings (since all are different) and without having to go through each and every one of the 80 projects ? 
    edited November 2012

Sorry, thats not possible unless you know regular expressions. In that case you could e.g. use PSPad and do a search/replace on *.prj files with 

search: "^keywords=.*" 

replace: "keywords="

• I think there might be something wrong with the memory checking if turned on, I unticked this and monitored the CPU and ram via task manager and everything works.
    It might work for you but does not for others. It is just a limit I set for myself to stop wasting more memory before it can not be controlled anymore. If it works for you fine. :)