Skip to content

Buy Thrid Party Target Link Lists or Scrape Your Own with Scrape Box

Hello, I have just purchased a list through sharetool. The list looks quite popular but I am not very happy with the result (They dont seem to update the list daily as they promise). I searhced on Google and found many other lists for sale but I am not sure which one is good. Also, even if they are good and popular, will it be a good thing when so many people are sharing the same lists? I'm not sure. Is it a better idea to scrape your own using Scrapebox instead? Please share if you can. Thanks.
Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee

Comments

• sickseosickseo London,UK
    edited June 2023
    Most defintiely scrape your own. Your link lists will last longer if you're using sites that others aren't using. Which means rankings will be more stable if your links are permanent. With purchased lists, you'll find yourself going round in circles trying to recover lost rankings due to link loss. It's a losing battle with purchased lists.

I've purchased every link list out there atleast once. Many are selling identfiied links instead of actual working verified links. So results are usually poor. This is one of the good ones: https://gsaserlists.com/

Scrapebox is excellent for scraping google. You just need the right proxies to avoid google blocking your scraping. Rotating proxies are best, or a large number of private proxies running at low threads will also work nicely. Footprints are already in the gsa ser software, but using custom footprints will give better results.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited June 2023
    sickseo said:
    Most defintiely scrape your own. Your link lists will last longer if you're using sites that others aren't using. Which means rankings will be more stable if your links are permanent.
    @sickseo: I have to get back to this understanding. I guess this is why scraping with SER is also advantageous, though it then diverts resources that could be used elsewhere, slowing you down.
    I think my issue with Scrapebox was always the proxies that it found weren't always so good. I think that was the first SEO software I purchased, so I didn't know about private proxies back then. I've also used SB for some add-ons that were cool, even until a few years ago.

I'll find my license and set it up again and see about finally using it properly with GSA tools...
    As far as custom footprints, are there any posts or resources you'd suggest? What about GSA PI? Is it necessary?

With scrapebox, you really need decent proxies to get any results from it. I was running it with 200 dedi proxies and 1 scraping thread to avoid google blocks and it worked pretty well. Now I'm using a rotating proxy service which isn't bad either, although there are a lot of blocked ips.

For footprints, I use either the ones provided in gsa ser and from there, I try to make my own custom ones, if possible. Custom footprints and using different keywords in different languages to search with will give different results to what everyone else is doing. You'll even find that some cms in different languages will have slightly different footprints. 

You can google search footprints but most will be old and likely blocked by google now.

GSA PI is a very good tool for pre-sorting and finding more links from your scraped links by scanning external links on pages. The downside is that these external links might not be indexed in google. Right now, i'm only building lists that are 100% google indexed, so I just import scraped links straight into my install of gsa ser where I'm building my site list.

edited June 2023
    sickseo said:
    Most defintiely scrape your own. Your link lists will last longer if you're using sites that others aren't using.
    With such links, do you generally re-feed your own lists to different projects? I would think if we overdo it, it's just as bad as an over-spammed list.

Yes, These links keep getting fed into all the installs. Not sure what you mean by "over doing it".

What would you say is the limit? What constitutes an over spammed list?

If you look at the urls of the link sources in these site lists, many are in the hundreds of thousands already.

Would you avoid using a site for backlinks if it had over 100,000 pages already? What if the backlink page had less than 5 obls and was on a DA20+ site?

sickseo said:
    Would you avoid using a site for backlinks if it had over 100,000 pages already? What if the backlink page had less than 5 obls and was on a DA20+ site?
    That is a good point. I see I'm not thinking clearly on this...

• JayJayJayJayJayJay Malaysia
    With scrapebox, you really need decent proxies to get any results from it. I was running it with 200 dedi proxies and 1 scraping thread

Hello sickseo, thanks so much for the great  info. May I ask which proxy provider you are using? Do you use these proxies exclusively for scrapebox only? Or also share them with other software like gsa ser etc? 
    The 200 proxies are from squid proxies. They're the cheapest IPV4 I've found and they've got 25% discount on their BHW sales thread. Their main purpose is for rank checking google and I run checks on thousands of keywords each week. I've used them in XEvil too for hcaptcha solving but they don't last long as hcaptcha are pretty quick at blocking ips.

I'm using rotating proxies from Proxy Rack at the moment in Scrapebox. Quite a lot of ips are blocked but it can still scrape half a million urls per day.

I use another set of proxies for gsa which a former client of mine set up for me. When you're running 100+ installs, standard proxy providers just can't handle the threads.
    Thanked by 1JayJayJay
    The 200 proxies are from squid proxies. They're the cheapest IPV4 I've found and they've got 25% discount on their BHW sales thread. Their main purpose is for rank checking google and I run checks on thousands of keywords each week. I've used them in XEvil too for hcaptcha solving but they don't last long as hcaptcha are pretty quick at blocking ips.

I'm using rotating proxies from Proxy Rack at the moment in Scrapebox. Quite a lot of ips are blocked but it can still scrape half a million urls per day.

I use another set of proxies for gsa which a former client of mine set up for me. When you're running 100+ installs, standard proxy providers just can't handle the threads.
    Thanks again sickseo, I'm very new to all these stuff. I have just started to understand how important proxies are when you want to scrape and build links online. I was using webshare for about 3 weeks and then got banned for reasons I still don't understand. I'll check out the services you listed here. I wonder tho how you manage 100+ installs, that's incredible, mate! Thanks again for so kind to share valuable info here. I appreciate it a lot. 
    Funny you say that about webshare - I got banned by them too lol I had an unlimited package with them and just upgraded to a higher package after using it for a month and they banned me and kept my upgrade payment.
    Thanked by 1JayJayJay
    edited June 2023
    Funny you say that about webshare - I got banned by them too lol I had an unlimited package with them and just upgraded to a higher package after using it for a month and they banned me and kept my upgrade payment.

You're the second person who I met here and got banned by webshare. They are the first proxy provider I have ever used, I bought the cheapest possible plan from them - about 6usd for 100 proxies. Everything worked quite well until they emailed me and ask me why I have been accessing a site so frequently in the second week, and warned that if I can't give them a good reason they will have to give me refund and close my account. I told them I was using their proxies with gsa products and nothing else. They then pretend that everything was OK and ask me to just verify my identity with Stripe the payment gateway they use. I did exactly that but they came back again in the third week telling me that they have banned my account and they will not issue any refund. There was no further explanations other than saying that I was spamming online and it's against their policies. I don't understand why they said I was spamming and freaked out so much. Perhaps in a way we are like they say, spamming, because we're scraping websites but don't they already know what people buy proxies for from the beginning? Anyway it I didn't go any further questioning because it was only 6 bucks. I was just not happy because they said they will give me refund but came back in just a week doing something totally opposite. 
    Thanked by 1Tropics