Skip to content

Email Verification Problems

edited November 2012 in Need Help
I have always used GSA with no issues but for some reason it won't verify my cpanel emails. I just got a windows 8 machine, and I don't even want to begin with that (good for tablets or touch screen monitors), so I don't know what the issue is.

When I test the email, GSA hangs for a minute and even says "not responding", after a minute goes by it will said "login failed". I don't think I'm doing anything differently so I don't know if it's my comp not allowing something to call out or.. I'm also having other weird issues with scrapebox not creating a .reg file and even support says that's weird. I'm also having issues with CS and it saying something is using port 80, yet I can't find the culprit. CS also gave me this error "The requested Address is a broadcast address, but flag is not set - 10010".

Is anyone else running windows 8? Does anyone have any ideas and can lend a helping hand?

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com

I can't answer Windows 8 issues, but I want to make sure you know that you can create a virtual pc on a different platform (like windows 7, XP, etc) within your pc.

So if you find that different software is incompatible with WIn8, and you can't find the answers, then you create a virtual WIndows 7 within your pc. 

• I was actually running windows 7 on my imac via parallels and wanted to just stop running a virtual machine, so I finally went out and purchased a windows comp. So it will be kinda funny to go back to that, I just wished I thought about my purchased before I went out and got windows 8.

Thanks for your time and thoughts, I appreciate it.
  • OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    about your port80 errors and the other issue i suggest to take a look into he CS manual which you'll find in your installation directory.
    you will find some workarounds and tools in it to solve that issue. the most common issue is that skype is running before you started CS. if nothing helps than contact CS developer who will help you out in no time.
  • regarding your issues with email i suppose that something like a firewall or AV is blocking the connection.
  • Email verification is working great now, all I did was restart my router. SB is running at a crawl right now and I have NO idea why. Neither does SB support and they just think something on my computer is blocking it. It's doing about 1k trackbacks in 10 minutes, when usually it will do that within a 30 seconds. I turned off windows firewall and AVG and got no positive results and I still can't find the culprit that is using port 80 and giving CS the issue. I'm staring at the processes right now and see nothing and I know no one who is familiar with windows 8 yet.
  • im having a huge verification failed. what could be the issue here. i use hotmail