Skip to content

Getting A LOT of profile links but almost NO CONTEXTUAL links

edited October 2012 in Need Help
Hi all,

I've bought GSA a couple of days ago and I have some questions. For my 1th tier I'm using web 2.0, articles, social networks, social bookmarks, videos and doc shares because I only want contextual links. But out of 100 verfied links I'm only getting between 5 - 10 actual article links, the rest are all profile links??? Also, with the video and doc shares, it only creates a profile with a link but doesn't share the actual video or doc???

Is this a bug or my fault?

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Did you also select the "contextual link" platform options? (right click in the white below the platforms)

Now that this has come up again:

Can we request an easier feature that allows us to only post/view to contextual links and lists these and the profiles separately? (You can use a mask after using the view verified URL's to only show articles that were posted, but something easier would be more better for many users). 

What I'd like to do is only post articles and see how many articles get posted. 
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Answered your question on the other forum but I'll post the image again. Only script engine that posts the .pdf is scribd and the only that embeds the videos for the most part is clipbucket. The others mainly do profile links.

Here's the image for selecting contextual properties:

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Can we rather have it so that it only leaves engines checked that actually create a contextual link and not just a profile link?
  • Just noticed your comment but yeah I did this.. the problem is that it creates the profiles but doesn't post the actual article.
    edited October 2012
    It does create articles as well. Sometimes it will create a profile and an article if the property has the blog portion open. You need to let it run for a while so you can see the articles come through.

If it were up to me, I'd have it so it never created a profile link for contextual platforms, but its not up to me. :P
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    What do you think about a button that we can use that shows the verified actual article links only? Would be very useful!  :-B
  • yeah I know it does post articles.. but the ratio with profile links and contextual links is rather poor. It's just that I don't know how all these profile links will affect my rankings??

That last part is the way I'd like to see it too :)
    edited October 2012
    @GlobalGoogler - A button for that would be pretty cool, but I'm not sure how hard it would be to add something like that. It would have to know if the link is contextual or not.

@wesley - If you right click on your project > show URLS > verified. You can look in that list and see which platforms are giving you the profile links. Look under the "engine" column and you'll see which ones are doing it, then you can disable them.

For me it was mainly Moodle and maybe Phpfox but I still got a good amount of articles with phpfox. Might want to disable Moodle. You will get articles there but it seems a lot are profile links (in my experience)

This would probably be the easiest way to change it for now until something possibly changes in the future.
  • Okay I'll try it that way. With a quick look I already noticed that moodle was giving me a lot of them.. Actually most of them :)
  • just to add.. MoinMoin is bad too
  • OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    MoinMoin just posts articles since two releases ago (v4.46) and only if you've checked "Put link to places where..." in project options.

Edit: And it just post an article if the site allows it. I don't know how often is this the case as I didn't test it.