Skip to content

International Search Engine Best or Not?

I basically make all my websites in English, and most/the core of my traffic for these website's keywords would come from English speaking countries (USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ect.). So I have always just left the projects for these sites to use the default International search engine option, but is that the right thing to do? Or should I select the Individual country search engines to for the English countries?

Comments

• Im interested also about how many engines do you use to run, and what engines for english.

Regards,
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited June 2013
    Are you talking abvout T1 links? Or others?

For T1 I sometimes select only UK and USA server location from the filters. I find that searching Google.co.uk with a French proxy just results in GSA searching google.fr anyway. So no point in selecting (at least for Google) country specifc search engines.

Doing either of these things slows it right down so I only do it for T1.
  • I just meant all links in general really
  • im interested also how many engines do you use for T1,T2,T3 ??
    Well, others will have different strategies, but why not spread the risk and vary what engines/countries you use?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Whatever works for you is the right answer. Hell, I use 120. I'm just very choosy on which ones I use, I avoid dups like Bing/Yahoo and make sure I have the right countries covered. And then I throw in a few more countries for good measure. And I use the same engines for all projects - that makes my life very easy, and I have a great LPM. Always test different combinations or numbers of search engines, and look at the results.
  • Ron what engines do you use?

Regards,
    edited June 2013
    I agree with Ron. I have never had much success with Google. 120 is quite a lot though, I normally go with 30 or so. I avoid DuckDuckGo and Startpage cos they're cr*p and block me easily. Yahoo, MSN/Bing and Ecosia are good for me.  My LpM is between 30 and 50 LpM for about 30 projects.