Skip to content

Purging sitelist text files.

edited September 2012 in Need Help
Is there any way to purge or wipe all sitelist files in one go? 

I'll give you an example of what I mean - I use scrapebox to scrape and find relevant keyword related blogs to post to. I'll export all those urls into a text file, import them into gsa and let it sort them into categories. I will then deactivate all other projects other than the one which is related to the keywords I was scraping for and then let gsa post to those sites. I will then deactivate that project once its run its course and do the same with another project, keeping everything as relevant to my niche as possible. The only problem is is that every time I import another scrape I have to remove the previously imported urls to stop gsa from posting onto the urls I scraped for the previous project. This is a bit of a pain as it means opening every text file, such as General blogs, KeywordLuv, Trackbacks etc, and purging them all of their previous scrapes. 

There may already be a way to do this but not that I can see. Maybe it's me being overly finicky or lazy, but if there's a way in which to do this quickly then please let me know. 

Thanks all and keep up the top work. 

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited September 2012
    If you don't want to use "global lists" for other projects than just deactivate it in your project options. If you just want to imported lists than uncheck all SEs. Just import your scrape-list into each project and you are good to go.

If you want to have your list sorted for later use than create a new identified/submitted/verified-folder for each project in 
    options -> advanced ("...\Site Lists\Project A\Identified" for example)
    and change the destination every time you import to that project.
  • Just import the scraped list directly into the project > rightclick project >import target urls>from file.
    It will identify them fine. That way you dont even need to run each project separately, they can share resources and run independent url lists at the same time,
  • Cheers lads. @m3ownz, I wasn't even aware that you could even import to each project that way. I was just using the options>tools>import url from files way of importing. 

Thanks again chaps. 
  • Oh, I thought you'd know that and thats what i meant with "just import your scrape-list".
    Thanks at m3ownz for clarifying that..