Skip to content

Different proxies for searching and posting

edited February 2013 in Need Help
Hi,

I would like to use my dedicated fast private proxies for posting and PageRank checking, and my scraped public proxies for searching for new targets. But I cannot configure this in GSA. Do you have a solution please?

I don't have enough dedicated private proxies for search because they are expensive. But I cannot use the public proxies for posting because they are not reliable. That is why I would like to use different proxies for posting and PageRank checking, and different proxies for searching.
Tagged:

Comments

• How many private proxies do you have? I have 8 shared ones and they are about $12 a month.
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    just use your dedicated for searching also. using public proxies will slow down SER a lot as you need way more time to find target urls compared to scrape with private proxies.
  • But I have only 10 private proxies, but I can scrape 1200 anonymus public proxies. And I know that scraping with that amount of public proxies is faster.

Or maybe I should use the Errsy cloud proxies?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @Charbydis - I know it is hard to fathom, but those 10 private proxies will do far more for you than 12,000 public proxies. Everybody has been down that road. Sure, if you want to scrape stuff on Scrapebox, that approach works. But on GSA, you will get superior results with private proxies. 
  • Yeah man, I use only 10 private proxies and am on course today for between 90K and 100k submitted. 

Proxies seem to be running fine and I use a search engine wait time of 15 secs.  I had been using 30 secs previously as I thought any quicker might cane the proxies but over the past week I have lowered it 5 secs a day and proxies are still going fine and my submission stats and LPM are higher than ever (obviously!).

I should point out that I do not use PR filters so I never get caught out on that score with so few proxies.
  • edited February 2013
    As everybody said it already , I don't recommend using public proxies for searching though. Most public proxies are not Google friendly at all. So you will get very poor results.

On the other side. You should know that PR filters burn your proxies real quick.  We need to use different proxies for PR filters in SER. I already requested this feature here
    [Feature Request] - Use only public proxies in PR checking
  • A very simple solution is to scrape the URLs with SB using public proxies. The upside is it also makes GSA faster as it does not have to scrape and only posts. You can even do PR checking on SB (highly recommend the automator plugin for SB as it automates a lot of these tasks).
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Yes, but a super neat feature would be to have the PR checking done with a different set of proxies. I think this feature is on the cards at some point. It's the PR checks that take forever and bottleneck SER. 
  • I haven't had any problem so far using my semi proxies for Everything including PR,
    I am using 10 semi from buyproxies
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @rodol - not sure if you use SB, but try and get the PR for a list of 300 000 URL's and let me know how long it takes...GSA SER is checking all URL's just before posting...there are many URL's with low PR that it has to check just to know they have too low a PR. 

You'll be amazed how long it takes to get PR! 
  • I have some projects with filters and everything is great so far. I am talking about SER not SB