Skip to content

GSA SER in wrong hands - Get ready for next G update

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Looks like SER is very popular in 'pharma guys' .. I have seen so many web2 blogs and shitty sites dominating top3 for competitive terms like teeth whitening, pharma drugs and weight loss pills..100k links blasted with SER [with obvious footprints]..all those jcow,phpfox and other platforms bombarded with shitty articles with 100 links..Curious what G is cooking right now as more and more of these sites making headlines in IM forums

Comments

• iwebseoiwebseo The Internets
    Don't sweat too much about it, according to the hypocrisy of Matt Cutts, SEO should have been dead after the panda update and content should be the king :)
  • Spam has been around for years, and I mean for like 8 or more.
    Have you ever heard about Xrumer? It's like GSA SER on stereoids. People have ranked sites exactly as you describe for years using that and other apps. Don't be afraid, spam is part of the game.
  • Yaa.. but it looks like SER has replaced xrumer :-)
  • @senty4love
    I don't know if you have used Xrumer before but you have no idea of the statement you made :)
    I'm not pretending to be rude nor a smartass because I'm not either, but come on. There's no app on this planet that can replace Xrumer. At least not yet. I just think they're different tools for different uses; I'd stick with GSA for diversifying and empowering my sites for a long run strategy. With xrumer you can create links like there's no tomorrow. Different approaches definitvely.
  • xrumer is like the freaking king of spam no joking.
  • The way I see google ranking sites.... I think there is something to this whole spam thing. Google cares about us as we care about the feces left by ants in their colony. I'm about to let loose the spam cannons of war and just blast the bejeebus out of some sites. This "white hat" nonsense has got me NO WHERE.

100k Business in 2011.... Down to less than 20k in 2012 because what google deemed "anchor text" spam.

I'm done trying to please the beast.... to hell with the beast... I spit on thee!
  • @ hyde - with all due respect, I don't believe Xrumer (yes, I do use it occasionally) holds a flame to GSA SER. Xrumer is NOT multi-faceted like GSA. SER scrapes and submits to an entourage of mixed engines (blogs, forums, images, web 2.0, and everything else you can think of). Xrumer is only scapes and posts to forums. I would not want to use this program only for my Money/Tier 1 sites. Maybe you can get away with it for lower tiers but having all incoming links from forum profiles isn't really an ideal setup. Xrumer is also more hands on, where SER is more > setup and leave it automation.

• @grafx77 there's no disrespect here dude, I'm glad we can discuss about our thoughts about automation tools :)
    I have to agree with you when you say that GSA SER is an integrated solution. Almost set and forget. It's wonderful how it works and definitely is a bomb in the right hands.

My appreciation of Xrumer is founded upon the capacity of the software to deal with stress loads. I've yet to seen a "known" tool posting at a rate of 2k or 3k LPM. The thing is that Xrumer is too damn to master, and the mods/plugins are scarce. You either find the ones that used to work 4 years ago or you don't find anything. The good mods are sold privately for big sums. With those modifications you can spam at scary rates.

I would say that GSA is for those who don't want to be labeled as spammers and want to build up a decent persona about their SEO work. XRumer still works, even for money sites, although the approaches are different. Maybe if GSA would have a scraper like hRefer, this tool would be the most bad arse app on the Internet. Nonetheless, I love GSA so much that I've past the last 2 days dedicated to learn the basics of the software and tweaking settings here and there.

Said that, thanks for sharing your opinion, I love when people with different points of view can enrich a thread. Cheers.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @hyde - @grafx77 - Thanks for the discussion!

Are there any other small programs that you always use and couldn't be without? Would love to hear about a few of these time savers. I'm trying to make life a lot easier to manage and there must be some great little programs out there that are critical.
  • TheSeoKrakken that post is too funny haha
  • ronron SERLists.com

@hyde - Glad to see you on board.

I think it is great that people are comparing/contrasting GSA to xrumer. It's quite a compliment to Sven who deserves it.

Although I don't personally have xrumer, it doesn't mean that I won't get it. I view it as a perfect compliment to the back end of GSA. I just have to man-up to what will be a very difficult learning curve with that software. And of course the system resources because that is not a play-at-home software.

• edited January 2013
    @Global - to answer your question about "other programs used". I have honestly used just about every single piece of SEO kit out there WORTH using and I still believe GSA SER reigns supreme! With that being said, these other tools seem to compliment SER. Here are my TOP 6

1. Sick Submitter - my #2 SEO "all in one" software. It's a bit more hands on than GSA, but works well, especially if you get a hold of the pre-defined "packets" that other users give away or sell.

2. Ubot Studio - fairly expensive, but well worth the price. Also, the support there is 2nd to none. Their forum is just as helpful as this one. They also have SKYPE chats for instant help. The learning curve is fairly steep, but once you get your hands dirty.....all you want to do is compile useful bots. You can also sell your own custom bots, but I'm greedy and like to keep mine nice and secure. ;-)

3. Answer Swipe - here's one that you'll probably never hear anyone rave about. Great for traffic from Yahoo answers, which Google EATS UP! It's like the GSA of Yahoo answers which doesn't utlize IE but more sockets type of browsing. It's very fast, well made, and delivers a great source of secondary traffic.

4. Scrapebox/Rank Tracker - IMHO, still the best scraper out there and a TON of things you can do with it if you utilize the addons properly. It will uncover everything and anything you want to know about keywords, URLs, footprints, OBL, competition, etc. I also highly recommend Rank Tracker. You can update it anytime to view your rankings and for $20......you just can't beat it!

5. Dragon Naturally Speaking - great for article writing and rewriting. Ever wish you could just create your own READABLE articles in a few minutes. Well this is your only LEGIT solution! Saves me a TON of time with content creation. The newest version is extremely smart and rarely messes up on the words I announce.

LAST, but not least 6. Chimp Rewriter - IMHO, the greatest content rewriter of all time. Fast, smooth, support is amazing, a ton of keyboard shortcuts and features that other rewriters have yet to catch up to. With this piece of kit and Dragon, I'm a beast at article spinning........again all being very legible and easy to read.

Enjoy!!! :-)
  • @grafx77, i have try rank tracker once but the tool is not accurate. So i switch to free service rank tracking - http://whatsmyserp.com It was very accurate, compare to rank tracker.

Sick submitter, what backlink did you build with those software?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @grafx77 - Good job dude. Answer Swipe is a new one for me. I have to check that out. I'm really glad to hear that SB's RankTracker is worth it...you are the first person I have heard say anything about it. I think you boys were going on and on in one thread about spinners, and I ended up getting the lifetime on SpinChimp, and glad I did.
  • @darman82 - rank tracker has been more than accurate for me on every single occasion I have used it (I do manually check), so I'm not really sure why you received inaccurate results, other than you used a beta/earlier version. If you had an issue, you should report it to support. I always receive a response within 24 hrs........most of the time, 12 hrs.

I don't really understand your question about Sick. It builds any type of links you would need, just like SER. It's got them all.

@ron - glad I could help. You need to switch over to Chimp Rewriter if you haven't done so already. It's free and has a lot more features than Spin Chimp.
  • @ron thank you :) You can run xrumer in your desktop, just adjust the number of threads and you're good to go. Additionaly, if your ISP don't care, you can spam without proxies, using your home IP haha.

I would add ZennoPoster to this collection. You can automate your web activities easily. For other repetitive tasks like file copying and such, I'd stick with UBot which is great too.

Here goes this as a sign of gratitude to so many nice guys I've met here and because I love this forum.
    If you want a free, kick ass rank tracker, use http://rankcheckerace.com/

It's damn good, and free. So the only thing I'm going to ask you in return is: please, please DON'T ABUSE the app. Don't go there and add 1k sites/keywords. Just use what you really need and emjoy a free ranker.
  • ronron SERLists.com

@hyde - You have my dream collection of state of the art tools. I will have to speak to you separately about the whole xrumer thing, if for no other reason than some private encouragement. It's a big step. ZP4 is a big step too. But they are the cat's meow.

I use RankCheckerAce and love it. If people abuse it the 'free' will go away. I get a report of all my rankings each day in my email, and that is cool because it's one less piece of software to fire up.

• @ron hehe, they're nice tools but let me tell you something. They're nothing if you're not efficient using them. Unfortunately, I'm not making much money right now which is a proof that tools are not magic solutions.

As a new year commitment, I promised myself that this year would be my year and this month has been very productive for me. I'm starting a lot of projects and now I can tell you that my tools are handy now. If you want to chat, PM your skype :)
  • i use rankcheckerace.com its nice how they send you and email when there is movement on serp.... this is a nother one i use, i dont know why but i like it a lot, its a chrome app SEO SERP Workbench
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Epic discussion! It's all the little tools that make the biggest difference! 

A very useful tool is "Everyday Auto Backup" - backup your GSA backups somewhere safe. I use dropbox. This tool does a great job. Once your system crashes and you lose a ton of stuff, you'll agree this is a super useful tool! Notice I didn't say "if you lose a ton of stuff" - it will happen at some point, so might as well prepare for it now and minimise the loss!
  • GlobalGoogler - What folders to use in source directory to backup all GSA projects?

DNS is my favorite/most used tool. I use it daily and create tons of content and after doing IM for the last couple of years I can definitely say content is indeed king.

I also use ScrapeBox and GSA a lot but use a VA for my tier 1s and use the SEO tools on those tier 1s.
  • edited January 2013
    @tumpien

what is your VA cost for doing your Tier 1 posting ?

I don't suppose you mind sharing a littler more detail :)
  • @tumpien

I am contemplating in purchasing Scrapebox. Is it worth making the investment ?

What functionality in Scrapebox I can use in conjunction with GSA SER ?

Aside from scraping site list to feed GSA SER.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sootedninjas - just buy it. Learn it. You'll find so many uses for it. 

@tumpien - some use the GSA data files to backup. I just backup once per week the projects and use the backup tool to create an external backup in case VPS loses all data. 
  • sootedninjas - Depends on if you want to outsource content and use a VA for posting or hire a VA for content and posting. Also, will depend on full time or part time. You can find as low as $200/pm and one guy even quoted me $2000/pm. Also, will depend on if you have to get them the tools/subscription as most of them will not have the SEO tools. I have a couple of VAs, one purely for content creation for tier 1s and for smaller niche sites (I use DNS myself for all my authority sites) and another VA for SEO which also costs me a monthly subscription of Senuke ($147) and other tools like spinners, proxies, etc. I pay around $350 per person. Do hunt around as most of them will be raw and will need lots of training... its very hard to find VAs who will do a great job from day 1 so be prepared to invest your time in training them.

ScrapeBox is a must IMHO. I use it for a lot of scraping and also to find high PR pages to comment on. A couple of links like these will guarantee a top 10 in Google for most medium competition niches. You can also use SB to blast the tier 2 and 3 links made with GSA to both index them and also add more PR juice. But you need to spend time learning how to use it. Will also need private proxies for best results. Get it if you plan to spend time learning and using it... if you want a more hands off approach then GSA should suffice.

There is a thread on BHW with tons of footprints on most platforms. Its a goldmine with a tool like SB but even better is to find and use your own footprints with SB. That way you will be getting links nobody else will have.
  • GlobalGoogler - I'm already backing up all the URLs (from Advanced Settings) in Dropbox.

With EAB should I backup the projects folder in C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\projects and use those files in case of a crash?
  • appreciate the info @tumpien

I'm on the fence with SB but I guess it's time to take the plunge and learn how to use it
  • I add Gscraper....... I cant get used to scrapebox...