Skip to content

Web2.0's Getting Banned (Watch Out!)

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited December 2012 in Need Help
I recently went through our manually created web2.0's and found a good number of them have been suspended/banned/closed.

We have around 200 manual web2.0's so I don't always check but recently noted that all the wordpress and tumblr web2.0's have been suspended. We've spent 4 months building links to these web2.0's! 

I have set it to use global site lists, PR2+, 100OBL, and a bad words filter. I also use a catchall. Mainly using the platforms in the high quality guideline from Ozz. 

This came as a bit of surprise to me! Has anybody else had something similar?

I've finally got a response from them and they say:

"Hi

Akismet, our anti-spam service located and alerted us to several
instances of comment spam from your account (i.e. leaving comments on
other sites with the primary intention of directing traffic elsewhere).
We have a zero tolerance policy for such behavior, and as such, your
site will not be returned.

You are free to access your site's dashboard and export your content at any time from Tools -> Export.

If you need help moving your content, please refer to http://en.support.wordpress.com/moving-a-blog/#moving-to-wordpress-org"
Tagged:

Comments

• Don't use Wordpress... just not worth it as they are intolerant of anything commercial or even in the least bit spammy.

My Tumblrs though have been doing just fine. But I do only build articles and web 2.0s to it and then spam them i.e. spamming the tier 2 with everything.
  • This could be maybe for the catchall thing, they can trace you with this, maybe askimet is aware of this.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    So is this a catchall thing or a wordpress only thing? 

@tumpien - "But I do only build articles and web 2.0s to it" that's why I have the filters in place!
  • I'm sure your WP tanked because of Akismet.

Tumblr hard to say... only recent Tumblrs that I lost were with ArticleWyz but none of the manually created ones with 100% unique content have been touched. ArticleWyz probably has a footprint and also it uses spun content (a bug in the system where we could not use our unique content). Or maybe Tumblr has some Akismet monitoring and clean up blogs on spam complaints.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I've been thinking about this....getting wordpress web2.0's banned. How do they know it's not my competitor???

With Akismet - is it only blog comments that it tracks and then reports? I.e. if I deselect blog comments and use the other platforms will this be safer?
  • according to the askimet website, yes.

"Akismet filters out your comment
    and track-back spam for you, so you
    can focus on more important things."
  • You should test it out both ways... spam only with comments and another without using comments... at least you will know for sure.

Personally I don't use comments anywhere near tier 1. I used a tool called Backlinker previously and it was notorious for spam complaints. Most tier 1s would be taken down because of spam complaints from the blog owners. Now I comment manually and those usually stick since I read the content and comment and for automated commenting I keep it at the 3rd tier.