Skip to content

Target Site List Not Keyword Based?

I'm new to GSA and backlinking in general but was confused about something.

I created a simple project just to submit to Web Directories and added a Site List that I bought.

My question is the URL's in the list are not keyword based right? It can potentially build backlinks to unrelated niche directories for example.

Is this possible? And if so will it hurt my link profile?

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    You need broad keywords to find targets, or you will not find any targets at all. The projects already have the data necessary to create the proper type of listing. 
  • Thanks for the reply ron, I heard your a god from Satan and were never a noob LOL :)

Well the main concern I had was I bought a list from fiverr and turned off search engines and just imported target site list to post to Directories only.

It posted to completely unrelated niche directory and I'm thinking this is not a good way of using ANY list because its not going to be keyword based in this case.

If this is so then how can using any list be of value?
  • ronron SERLists.com

The Category field in your project drives the finding/location of where the links will be dropped. To be perfectly candid, the directories where any software can autopost really doesn't have a lot of SEO value.

The thing that has the most SEO value is an article with a contextual type of link. You hear of junk tiers and all that. Directories are junk. So are blogs, and forums, etc.

SEO is not about the list. SEO is about the choices you make with the list. 

• Excellent answer. I totally got it.

I realized that directories weren't of strong value, but used it as a way to learn GSA and correct some of my mistakes before I go into the contextual link building phase.

Thanks!
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Don't laugh at creating campaigns that go to Yahoo or Wiki. You can then analyze the links being built without any repercussion.

If I went back in time two years ago to advise myself on how to use SER, I would have told myself to create some of these fake campaigns to learn the software, to give me an opportunity to analyze the links being made, etc.
  • Wow, great idea. I never would have thought of that.

I will definitely be able to try out all the different platforms now :)