Skip to content

GSA Thread Count and CPU ???

Hello Folks! (Disclaimer: I'm a noob with GSA - I also just posted this on BHW as well)

So, from reading threads and a few PMs, it seems if you really want to kick ass with GSA, you need a high tread count and a good verified list - otherwise you may be stuck in the 1-20 lpm range.

I've scraped my own lists with Scrapebox, de-duped, PR1+, no more than 50obl per page - so I really don't expect a high lpm in this first round to try to build a verified list.

However, I did try to bump up the threads. I've been running at between 150-200 threads (but I only have two campaigns going). However, I just bumped up the threads to 1000 - and yet my CPU usage on GSA barely ever spikes above 9%-10%. In fact, most of the time it's hovering at 0%-1%. Am I not pushing it hard enough or is it just that the CPU usage in GSA is incorrect....or something else?

My Setup:
(1) VPS: from Nukeservers

4 x 3.7GHz CPU
4 GB RAM
120 GB Storage Space
1 GBPS Network
1 Dedicated IP
Windows Server 2008 R2

Proxies: (20) Semi-dedicated from BuyProxies and letting GSA find some public proxies whenever it can.

Comments

• "GSA is incorrect" - Yes always use the task manager.

• For some reason, I still cannot get consistent thread counts running GSA the VPS, especially when GSA is in "ping" mode.

I have GSA set to 165 threads and am using 20 semi-dedicated proxies. I'm only running 1 campaign at the moment. 

For some reason the threads are jumping wildly all over the place. One minute they will be at 5-6 threads, the next 120, then back down to 80...etc.
  • edited June 2014
    There are just different cycles of activity. Add 10 projects and you'll never see a drop in the threads
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    @spammasta

This is already fixed for several release. Task manager is not refreshed in real time, so it can be the difference on very short peaks.