Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Siloing hurting site

Just wondered if anyone else has noticed this. My subpages that aren't assigned categories are ranking better than those that are... But strangely this only affects 1 site. I don't use any other taxonomy such as tags.

Anyone know what can cause this, is it some sort of overoptimization? I rarely link to the category pages and they don't pick any many hits either.

Best Answer

• 90.209.38.212 Accepted Answer
    I've gone back to just plain old normal sites. If categorisation is needed, then just a sensible navigation. No dicking about with silos. Blog content to add more weight, more keywords to the 'money' page. No internal linking from a money page, many going to it (internally).

My on-page is not far off the same as it ever was 8 years ago. Simple and straightforward, content is less optimised than it used to be.

I can take a look if you want - I'm in proposal mode right now with potential clients waiting so I'm brutally decimating their sites -> just to be clear I don't want you as client just want to get to the bottom of your problem.

Answers