My site's homepage got a DMCA takedown on Google, I added GWT and got the message. Though there was no specific reason for the takedown, I removed some photos, added disclaimer to footer and submitted the DMCA reconsideration from GWT, where i chose "I have removed the infringing content". The same minute i got an automated email saying "At this time, Google has decided not to take action."
It's a product review site, where i have the brand in domain and texts (removed some photos where the brand was on), but there are lots of similar sites in that and also other niches, next to my site on serp. The company who sent the dmca takedown was not the brand mentioned but some really random..
My question is, what do you think, should i try a new reconsideration request choosing "this content belongs to me" - if the option i chose first was the reason for no action? Or should I just move the site to new domain, wait till subpages are deindexed, and change links on my tier1 properties? How many links at a time and at which pace would you replace the links? With fresh content new link (blogs) or replace the current ones? The site has around 15 quality tier1. Thanks!!