Skip to content

SEREngines 2 Testing is Now Ready

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @Everyone - Another update from James. I asked what the ETA was on the headless issue and he said the developers exact words were "I need about 3 more days to finish the refactoring of the Headless code, and then hopefully no more bugs or crash so will need to retest all the automation commands for another day".

Since it was going to take a few more days I asked him if he could release some new engines in the mean time and he said he's working on them today so we should have some more engines coming.
  • Dk about new platforms but i noticed that SERE platforms halved from the number it was 15days ago, with the earlier number of platforms it worked fine for me than now projects are on 0 

James dude you are taking money for beta, you can keep developing SERE to alpha this way for a lifetime as long as money coming, to be precise it's not about money it's about your effort for that money.

Your engagement for users troubles is nothing better than from the end of SERE 1.0 where you also charged for your addon/tool/service and did nothing with it...

If you can't handle it dude sell it to someone else who can!

I'm not saying that he's doing nothing now but results are missing, this is the development phase but how time's passing it getting worst and worst instead of the other way around!

This has nothing with you S4nt0s you're doing a great job here, thanks...
  • Amazing how people still in 2017 wasting time on this. Can't believe it!

Pro Tip: Value your time guys and move on!
    @everyone - Sorry for everyone that's been patiently waiting for this to get working. The last message he sent me yesterday was that he was working on new engines in the mean time while his developer fix the headless issue. 

Wish there was more I could do to get this working faster ... 

I'll post again when I know more. 

• @s4nt0s no need to apologize my man. You have gone above and beyond in keeping things going. Thanks for the update. At this point the future of this project is in James' hands. He has heard the feedback. Either he releases the new platforms in the next day or two or he doesn't. That is up to him and how he wants to run his business. I have other 2.0 services, and have had all along. I learned long ago that seo changes all the time, and I need to change with it. James has what could be a great seo tool for 2017. I hope he focuses on the new platforms going forward and releases 35 - 40 over the next two weeks or so. Then we have something good on our hands.

For those of you waiting patiently, like me, I suggest you fire up a subscription elsewhere. Do not waste months of your time waiting on someone else to do something or provide excuse after excuse, or worse provide no update. It is the way of the world. Take matters into your own hands. Good luck.
  • edited March 2017
    Agree 100% with @viking
  • edited March 2017

Waiting for changelog update, I thought all these were the BETA engines being added :D

Are these all fully functioning the way BETA works? So could I run these with the BETA settings at the same time
    @Anth20 - I think that was an error and not an official update. However, James was testing the latest headless update on my VPS over the weekend and on their side. He says everything was smooth, but the CPU was a bit high and he said they'll have that fixed today. 

We should see an update this week which would mean headless is fixed and its all engines from here. 
  • @S4nt0s thanks for the update! Hopefully we have good news this week.

Just a word of warning to all. Last week G did another update related to 2.0's. Seems like they are focusing in on this more and more. The update is still 'on-going' and looks like it is actually a major update. Not sure what triggers attention in the algo, platform? percent of 2.0's? etc etc. My personal guess is the age of 2.0's. I think G drew a line in the sand and are looking at current 2.0's very closely. I think to be safe, for anyone who has a long-term perspective, maybe move 2.0's out to T2 for a while and do a slow-drip of new accounts. I know there are people on here who swear they do 2.0's with zero issue at T1, but I can confirm that I personally see sites I know are heavy like that at T1 getting hit right now. This underlines the need for diversity of platforms and the need to be ever cautious of G and the constant algo updates.

Good luck.
    edited March 2017
    @Metster - Yes, the headless "crash" is fixed, but there is a smaller bug which creates a popup similar to what you saw when headless crashed before, the difference is it doesn't interfere with projects or stop anything from working. James asked me last night if he should still push this new update and from my understanding he was still planning on pushing it even with that small bug. 

That was last night, but I see today there wasn't an update so I'm checking to see what he's planning. 

There should be an update this week for sure and I'm hoping within the next couple days. (maybe tomorrow)

If there isn't an update, I'll go crazy. :P
    @everyone - Headless fix has been pushed, please report any issues that come up. 
  • No updates available for me.

I never had an issue with headless so I'm afraid I can't comment/contribute to testing of that.
    Looking forward to new engines though :D
    edited March 2017
    @Anth20 - Updates happen when you stop SER completely, then start it. If you still didn't get an update, please reboot SER. 

Also, you have to be running the latest version of SER (11.68) in order for the update to work. 
  • Same problem with ser 11.68 and serengines. They worked on many threads with no errors , right now from today morning after few hours there were created 5 links. My vps is freezing even while decreasing number of threads 4 times. Lots of headless processes with high memory usage.

Didnt change anything and previous serE, it was running smoothly - right now in my opinion update made it useless.

• I also noticed decrease of performance. 10 threads and 100% of CPU usage, and after some time I have to reset VPS. Before on 30 threads was fine. And new error occurs:

"SerEngines: failed with JobCreation failed: connect_socket_in error The system cannot find the file specified"
    @everyone - Unfortunate to hear about the performance issues in the latest version. I've reported it to James and will let you know what he says .. hoping this will be a quick fix. 
    @cod2k3 @wiktory - If you're on a VPS would you mind allowing RDP access to James so he can check it out? If so, please shoot me a PM with the details.
  • edited March 2017
    @s4nt0s - sorry but it`s not possible iny my case
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    same here, performance dropped by about 50% and headless crash continues as before, on 3 different machines.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    edited March 2017
    This is NOT even funny any more .

James mention he has been working on the Headless,exe crash for the past year almost, and then when he finally release the fix it just F__ks up everything even more - great going man, we have gone back 10 steps again.

SERengines using over 10GB of my RAM, and everything  is failing because of the high mem usage. This brings me to another issue which is maybe for @Sven -- Why is SERengines not controlled by the below setting for RAM and CPU usuage.

SERengines is killing my RAM

I have no option but to deactivate SERengines because when it is activated it screws up everything and all other projects come to a standstill.

So sad !!!
    It gets even better !!!!!!

Even after i have updated GSA ser and then closed all GSA programs, SERengines was still  consuming over 9GB of RAM

I had to reboot the VPS to get it to close all those SERengine threads

And this is the picture on the 2nd machine where i run Serengines

edited March 2017
    @royalmice - James wrote , "We test things in our own environment then move to Devins VPS for further testing, we haven't experienced anything like what royalmice is getting.. 400mb for one headless instance is insane! And after each job, headless should be automatically closed. Can I get access to your server for testing?"

So James thinks it might have something to do with the windows version. On my VPS with windows server 08 r2 I'm not having this issue. http://i.imgur.com/KUPGrsW.png

Can you guys list your windows version and if its 32 bit or 64 bit?
    edited March 2017

@Mester - I've responded at least twice in this thread about command line issues stating it was something Sven would have to look into because that's what I was told by James. 

But I've mentioned many times you can speak with him via email if you think somethings not getting through to him. I believe you're already talking to him via email so he can probably help you with reverting back to previous version. 
    @Metster - James asked, "Where are you viewing the logs from? The SERE directory? Can you email them to James"
  • s4nt0s hi!  can you log in my vps to take a check about my serengines?
    @foxymak - Please PM me the VPS details.
  • @s4nt0s whats going on sir?
    edited March 2017
    Received an email  from James, last night after i reported the issues, offering  to look at my VPS and what the problem is. Unfortunately i have allready signed off for the day, and contacted him this morning.

The below was the response:

Sent: Friday, March 17, 2017 1:27 PM
    To: Michael Swart
    Subject: RE: SEREngines v2

Hi Michael,

I managed to get access to another customers VPS.

I saw the problem and will consult with my developer.

Once we have a new version.. would you mind if I test it on your server?

We have also reverted back to the old version of the plugin so you can install that and resume work.

James  

==========

So whilst the issue is being looked into I have for now disabled the Beta platform and just running on the old Serengines --- and all is good. Will wait for a new fix before activating Serengines Beta Platform again.

Thanks for contacting me James offering to help

This discussion has been closed.