Skip to content

Sven can you please check this out... I'm really confused. Thank you!

LWDLWD
edited December 2012 in Need Help
Hello,

after reading threads around catchall and with all new features for now (today) I've setup something and I just need to confirm with you is this going to work properly or not.
  • I have let's say 10 projects. Some of the projects are T3 and T4 posting all day long wherever they can, so lot's of emails are coming in.
  • I have 20 domains set for catchall, made random emails etc like %spinfile-names.dat%{.|-|_}%spinfile-lnames.dat%%random-1965-1990%@{domain1.com|domain2.com|...|domain20.com}
  • I have forwarded all 20 domains to one pop3 account.
I have disabled option to wait for 15 minutes before email check.
I have enabled to delete only emails related to the project (as I'm using same pop3 for all).

My question is:
Is this going to work properly?

Why am I asking?

Since I've set things up I see nice submission rate and I see some verified links, but also I see lot's of emails left behind in the Inbox of pop3 account... I will delete these emails, but I'm wandering if this actually works? Does GSA SER check proper email for proper account or not?

What confuses me the most at the moment?
When for example there are 700 emails in the inbox, and Project A starts reading emails:
  • will it read ONLY 100 (and stop there) or
  • will it read ALL emails (100 at a time) and choose what are related for that project and use info and delete them?
Do you know what I mean?
Because if it reads ONLY 100 emails, that means that some mails may be in range let's say 375-475 that are for Project A, and it actually read mails only last 600-700 range and actually missed emails 375-475 that it should read for it? So confirmation is missed and information is not picked up for Project A?

Can you PLEASE clarify this for me once and for all?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    It is reading all emails on the first verification and later it is only reading new emails as it knows what emails it has already checked before. So nothing to worry about.
  • very nice.

too add to the variation, use the alternate method the @sven introduced to the latest version.

go to fiverr and buy a gig for $5 that will give you 500 verified hotmail accounts and add that to the mix.

@lwd

how many host are you using for your catchall domains ?

is your POP3 a separate host or is it 1 of the catchall domain host ?

Which hosting provider are you using and what is the cost if you don't mind me asking ?

Did you use .info or did you mix it up with .tk ?

P.S. I'm using the exact strategy you are using BUT I'm seriously considering adding hotmail to the mix.

Also, make sure to use %spinfile-emails.txt% so that if you have to update any of your catchall domain, like adding or deleting, all you have to do is edit emails.txt which has %spinfile-names.dat%{.|-|_}%spinfile-lnames.dat%%random-1965-1990%@{domain1.com|domain2.com|...|domain20.com} then all of your projects that uses %spinfile-emails.txt% gets updated instead of updating each project one by one.
  • @Sven
    Thank you very much. Just one more question about this, what about emails that stay in inbox? I'm thinking about deleting them somehow when they are 3+ days older or something like that? This should be fine I guess?

@sootedninjas
    For now just 1 host as I'm running this as a test, but as we discussed this is really creating bottleneck so I am going to reconsider and add more variety.

POP3 is same host but I think I will change this in the next couple of days and forward all to a place where I can auto delete emails older then X days, as I can't do this on cpanel... Tried even some cron that I've found online but that does not seem to work... :( Do you do it on autopilot from cpanel somehow?

Sent you a PM as well...

I think adding hotmail to the mix will extremely slow down verification from some reason... That's just my opinion on this, but I really think it will...

What I'm thinking is separating T1 .info's and T2 .info's a just because Tier 2+ emails are used more often and in more spam related content so no need to burn them so fast... And T2+ will burn them fast and they will blacklist in that case T1 and T2 for example as well without actual need for that...
  • 3 days is fine if your inbox is somewhat big. If your are forwarding your mails to a host with cPanel than you can add a cron job to automatically delete them after XX days.
    How to add a cron job is shown in detail in this thread.
  • @Ozz
    Muchos gracias! :):):)

• @LWD

1) Use a DOMAIN eMail Forwarder to auto delete the forwarded eMail from the originating domain so that only POP3 domain requires clean-up every 3 days or so as describe by the cron job referred to by @Ozz

2) well variety is good BUT I was more concern about a massive footprint if all of the catchall domain is hosted by 1 host.

3) @sven had another update and the change log states "Improved eMail verification".

4) yeah, I prolly considered using a different set of catchall for T1 and T2.