Skip to content

Detection Data - Different Sizes

Hi,

If a captcha is a different size every single time, how would CB manage the detection without conflicting with other captcha types. 

Is it possible to use a URL format for detection too? At the moment I'm getting a lot of conflicts across all the different captchas. IMO detection based on image dimensions just isn't enough.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Its also using image type s(gif/png/jpg...), colours and some other things to detect the correct engine.
  • Even with that I'm still getting conflicts.

I disabled all captcha engines apart from the target I wanted and got an extra 500 verified links. A lot of the captchas were being detected wrong and weren't being solved at all.

Image dimensions work well, but when your running a lot of different targets, it's not specific enough. XR uses urls which works well:

From default.mask.txt:

[Include] [inLink]somecaptcha.php[/]
                 [inForm]captchaid[/]
    [/]

unchecking the engines makes only sense if you also use the option to handle unchecked captchas as not being present.

• An extra 500 verified links is a huge increase in output for a single platform considering how much most people are getting from each platform these days.

@Sven, considering your Ninja programming skills, it should take much time for you to implement this feature for the next update. +1.
    see my previous post...I have nothing to add to this unless you deliver a sample URL that is not able to submit to with current script.
  • This was running "Advanced Guestbook". I am using a renamed engine file as I've changed some stuff (on page footprints), it doesn't seem to do this when using the standard engine. 

add your name in alternative names in captcha definition.
  • Ok that helped.. Now I just have to edit the Captchas for 20 platforms...