Skip to content

Using Captcha Breaker with Screen Scraper

edited March 2014 in Need Help
Hi, I want to use Captcha Breaker from Screen Scraper. Screen Scraper is a java besed web scraping software. When testing Captcha Breaker soley in Firefox Normal Mode, then it can solve a captcha. But with screen scraper (either in proxy recording or scrapable mode), then captcha breaker cannot solve any captchas. Not even a proper visual image of the captcha appears in the lower GSA main window where the processed captchas are listed. Do you have an idea? Kind Regards Benjamin

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I guess that image send by your screen scraper is out of a usual captcha dimension. Also it might reencode the image to a format not used for a captcha type.
  • edited March 2014
    I saved solved and unsolved captchas. Their dimensions and format are the same and the same like the original. I suppose there is an IP and PORT problem, but I dont know further.
    is that captcha type actually supported?
  • edited March 2014
    Yes - I saved it on my desktop. I can manually upload it at http://192.168.2.120/gsa_test.gsa and it gets solved correctly.
    OK so it's the way you send it by the program? Seems to be a problem on your end how you submit it.
  • screen scraper typically involves two steps in order to write a scrape. After for example IEexplorer is configured as a proxy with address 127.0.0.1 and port 8777 you start the proxy in screen scraper and then every action you take in IE gets recorded in screen scraper. Then you take the recordings as your scrapeable file and modify this appropriately. Now when I do this for captcha breaker then already in the proxy session in IE the captcha suddenly is unsolvable, though the recordings for the file (like address and parameter) seem to look ok. Also then, when I use these recordings and repeat the action (I mean captcha uploading and submitting at http://192.168.2.120/gsa_test.gsa) then the captcha still is unsolvable.
    so what size does that captcha have?
  • edited March 2014
    450x75 pixel 8KB ; same as original
    ok 450x75 is no defined captcha type. You need to define that first and maybe restart it as that would be the biggest captcha by now.