Skip to content

path of temp directory

Hi @sven,

I have a suggestion which may be useful:

to integrate an option to specify the temporary directory which Ser uses to work. Because if someone has a huge ammount of RAM, he could specify a RAM-disk and point the temp directory path to the RAM-disk, to speed-up access. I think it's much faster than hdd.

If RAM-disk is full, use the directory that has Ser at the moment. So, I mean: first option: use temp path, if full: use standard location.

Would this be useful ?

magix

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    The Temp folder is hardly used for anything.
  • How big can it Get ?
    again, the temp folder is not used! Maybe for preview html creation but that's it.
  • Is the temp folder a reference to the data stored within AppData? Because I would imagine ser is accessing that all the time to get spintaxes for content, lists, verification, and storing data. Would I be wrong? Because it'd be a very great feature to be able to get all this data from the ram instead of the hdd.

Also, my gsa ser folder within AppData is already at 5GB after running for about 3 weeks.
    Ahh appdata yes ok...thats not changeable sorry.
  • That's what I meant above. Sorry for the cryptic description. I meant the same as fakenickahl asked.