Skip to content

Setup for Version 7.06 is Corrupt

I've seen this happen before. A box pops up and says new version 7.06 is available, click yes, it download and repeats asking over and over again.

Please fix ASAP

Comments

• mirenmiren Macedonia
    Just press NO because 7.06 is already installed. Don't worry everything is ok.
  • I am having this same issue, but then it says that I am only using version 7.05 (title bar).

ALSO, i am about to look to see if there are other threads, but GSA is reporting me as having no working proxies. THis is after installing this version.

I tested my proxies with scrapebox and they work fine...
  • mirenmiren Macedonia
    Yes, there is a problem with proxy testing. SER is saying that all of my private proxies are dead but when I try to use them in Firefox they seems to be fine.
  • I can confirm that when tested with bing, they come as okay, but with google, it says none work.
  • edited November 2013
    No it's NOT installed. If I say NO, it just loads v7.05. If I say YES to install v7.06 GSA proceeds to download the update. GSA then installs the update and GSA SER starts. Then repeats the same dialog again saying v7.06 is available.
  • mirenmiren Macedonia
    edited November 2013
    @Glennf Just click on Help / View Version History and you will see which version is installed on your computer.
  • Weird. Yes in the history page it shows v7.06 but top bar shows v7.05 after clicking NO to update to v7.06.

There still is a problem.
  • Same thing happening with me too. Also, proxies are not working.
  • @Sven will know but, I don't think because the version history shows 7.06 that means it's installed, that's just there to tell us what has changed, it doesn't verify the version installed. The verification is in the title bar and it seems everyone is stuck at 7.05, like me.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Just click "No" and run 7.05 until Sven gets it fixed.
  • all proxies are dead on my box too  , all job stop now

That might have to do with the new proxy check method.

7.06 - new: improved proxy testing speed
          - new: googles secure html redirect for proxies is ignored
          - new: proxy check against google is making a real search and detects blocking
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    loop problem fixed
  • does proxies problem is caused by the 7.06 upgrade? or I should ask buyproxies to replace ?
    @Sven, I also noticed that clicking "Stop" works much quicker and doesn't leave open threads running for hours. Thanks!
    @Sven, small issue.

http://i.imgur.com/fHe6GPI.png

Seems to still update to 7.07 and works well.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Thats because an old instance of the program is still running.
  • Spoke with Sven about this issue on my thread, he has repaired the update loop and all of my proxies that were testing dead are all working as they should. Update to 7.07 and your problems should be solved. Here is a link to the discussion. https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/7029/private-proxies-not-working-unable-to-update-gsa-ser#latest
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    @forcefed54 So everything is working fine with the new update?