Skip to content

Number of Anchor Keywords

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited September 2012 in Need Help
How many anchor keywords are people using for their various projects? 
1? 5? 10? 15?

Just want to try and create a natural diversified link portfolio and and would love to know how many anchor keywords people are using the success.

Basically, I can do it in small sets of keywords (3) or is it best to work on 10?
Tagged:

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @S4nt0s & @Ozz & @Bytefaker - what are your thoughts on this? 

Want to include this on the next set of best practice guides. :-)
  • Please stop paging me. If I have some usefull things to say, I say it. If not, then not.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Hunar - I saw you post a brief bit about this in another thread, but wanted to open this up as a separate discussion. Can you post thoughts and reasons here as I think you did some testing around this?
  • I agree with Ozz, not meant offensive, but I can't/want answer everything. The number of keywords I use depends  a lot on the specific project. But I always use next to the main keyword some LSI keywords.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Ozz - @Bytefaker - sorry. Not meant to offend you at all! Just wanted to get some thoughts from the more advanced users and there are a lot more threads on this forum than previously and wasn't sure you'd see them necessarily. Won't happen again.  
  • I've used 5,  I've Used 100's  I've Used Thousands.  I've tested them all    Now this is just me and my testing that i did.  But With thousands of anchor text  I ranked for keywords very very very slowly over the course of months.

With 100's  Yes I ranked  and it was slower  over the course of a couple months

With 5 I ranked in a matter of Weeks.   and I stick there.

So I personally use 5 anchor text    Personally I believe that vary'ing the hell outta anchor text doesn't do anything  Unless you are penalized  than yes it has a place.     I think the onpage Seo and getting  a keyword density of around 1-2% Anything more and yes i'd believe you'd get penalized. 

Again, This is just me and the testing i've done. ;)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Hunar - thanks for the contribution! Will save us all a lot of time here as you've done the tests. Means we can do some other tests and then share those results. I'm busy planning a few tests myself to see what can be included in the best practice.