Skip to content

VPS Hosting - Berman vs PowerUp

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Ozz,

this speedtest is from my vps??? i have it for over a month now, and by the way i dont work or have affiliate with this..

I am just trying to share it with people here

EDIT from Admin: It turned out that @zalouma is the same person as @solidseovps who do self promotion. So ignore all of that in this thread.

• edited June 2013
    Ozz,

Also check this http://blackhatvps.org/magictable/

this website do benchmarks on every single seo vps provider, Powerup is there, berman is there as well as both host stage and Solid

Guess who kicks all their Butt, Solid :)

EDIT from Admin: It turned out that @zalouma is the same person as @solidseovps who do self promotion. So ignore all of that in this thread.

• ronron SERLists.com
    Let everybody know how it works out @zalouma. It was interesting information.
  • edited June 2013

Thanks Zalouma

• Obvious self promo ^
  • edited June 2013

We have just signed up today

• Sorry bud, any mod will be able to see your little "slip-up". You posted a comment from your solidseovps account thinking that you were still logged into your Zalouma account. It's still cached and any mod will be able to see your edit.
  • edited June 2013

Jam, you are right, I went ahead and created "solidseovps" username just to promote myself lol :)

• poweruphostingpoweruphosting Los Angeles
    edited May 2013
    @zalouma Never trust or rely on those speedtest like @Ozz said

In the end what really matters is hardware and specs.
  • edited June 2013
    Poweruphosting :) I agree

please check the benchmark on http://www.blackhatvps.org/magictable/

we both are there :)) result speaks for itself :)

• how can you agree when the site says "Another important factor is the speedtest.net upload / download speed measurements"??
  • edited June 2013
    Ozz, thats only in the table, but you can go on each and every review, they ran benchmarks on hard disk read, rams performance, cpu as well as network

network is important factor, but its not everything in that website

• edited June 2013

All my respect to Powerup, i dont mean to offend them in a way or another, i was just replying to what he said

• So when you said:

"Guy, forget about the two of them, solidseovps is the best of the two, i had berman and i switched, besides berman supports sucks."

You weren't meaning to offend, and you actually meant that they suck, but in a nice way?

Ahhhh Lol :))
  • you can get a full dedicated starting from 50$
    i think consider it

100 mbit is pretty good.
  • ronron SERLists.com

If it was done by PC World or something, I would believe those results.

Every single one of those links in that review site was an affiliate link. Sorry, but it is not credible.

I will still listen to actual users to make a decision on something like this.

• @ron just wondering what your using for a vps . . . I'm more or less following your roadmap regarding SER, so I figure whatever works for you will likely work for me
  • ronron SERLists.com

I just use some random one I found, and I'm not trying to create business for them. Hell, I just got a spam complaint, so who knows if I will be welcome next week.

I think PowerUp and Berman are both solid contenders. The best part of doing business with these guys is that they are SEO friendly - which is a pretty important consideration. I have buddies using both companies and they are all pleased, so these providers are on my short list.

• edited May 2013
    Why does nobody mention Host-Stage.net? 

I have now even become an affiliate with them.

I first came across them while doing a research in Blackhatworld about VPS to run GSA. It was recommended there and also these guys have a sales thread in BHW. The servers are in France but the connection is good for me too when I'm in Asia.

So if you are in Europe you should go with them.

The price isn't the cheapest but I'd rather have no downtimes and pay a little more than pay the cheapest nad have a lot of trouble.

Level 3 only costs $20 bucks, but I'm with level 4 since I run Scrapebox, GSA CB all together and it works a charm.

So if anyone needs another option try and check them out. Their sales page in BHW is filled with awesome reviews.
  • Just an FYI about Berman hosting - when I tried to transfer my Scrapebox license to my Berman VPS, Scrapebox support emailed me and told me that Berman Hosting was stealing licenses of peoples Scrapebox and cloning them onto other machines. They were reluctant to allow me to transfer it. 
    Thank You to everyone who has mentioned about PowerUpHosting. We have been doing our best to keep the quality of the service top notch and we are soon coming out with more plans when we launch our much awaited new site later this month.
  • edited June 2013
    Ron, i hope you would try us one day, maybe later you would recommend us too :) there is great ones out powerup, hostage, berman.. people choose what they like, but that doesnt means everyone else is bad :) specially when you never tried them
  • I personally like VPS providers who avoid blatant self promo.
  • edited June 2013

Well, since every company here and there are teamed up with a vps provider, this is the only way people will know you JamPack, its not the best thing to do nowadays, even if you are good or bad, but same like seo, you promote you website, you also promote your products, seo is also self promotion dont you think? :)

• Marketing to marketers never goes over well ;)
  • i think it was on some other forum, but berman doesnt allow blackhat via their terms :D
    @dogGoogles Haha..well said :D
  • @JamPackedSpam, And Hetzner is not the datacenter I use for my software.
  • i use and have used Solidvps for a while and i love it..  i have many many many vps's with them for not only me but my va's as well and many others i have recommended the service to..  personally myself, va's or people i have referred to solid have not complained to me about it...

btw i have also used xsserver.eu (for years till they started banning ips for xrumer), i have also used scope and berman.  out of them solid to me has had the Best support, live skye contact with customer service when ever i need it and they have not let me down yet and i am a difficult person to please..  

just my 2 cents in it.  
  • edited June 2013
    @WannabeSeoWizzard, thanks for writing this

It seems here most people at GSA just like vps provider that provides Hyper-v :)

But for high performance production environment such Xenserver or vmware, its bad bad bad :)