Skip to content

Transfer Entire Database to VPS?

edited September 2012 in Need Help
Is there a simple way to do this? I like to set things up and do the maintenance on my actual computer and then transfer over the projects to the vps and let it run there.

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited September 2012
    You select all the projects (highlight them) then right click > modify project > backup. Then once the software is installed on your VPS you just right click in the project window and choose "restore" and load your backup file.

Is this what you were trying to do?
  • hmm it seems like it worked but I am getting this error for all of my campaigns:

Error writing file "C:\users\James\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\Projects\campaign1.urls_done".

and than I click Ok and this error comes up

Error writing file "C:\users\James\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\Projects\campaign1.prefilled".

both of these errors happen for every campaign that was exported... it seems to have worked though but im afraid there might be something messed up on the back end
    Hmm haven't seen that one before ... uhhh where's Sven at when you need him?

You can always copy over your appdata folder from your other PC to the VPS. You can see the appdata folder location in the message you posted above. You can just copy the whole GSA Search Engine Ranker folder over and overwrite the other one.

At least I'm pretty sure you can without issues.
  • how about identified lists
    will copying / pasting entire GSA SER directory from local to VPS get all
    identified to my VPS ?
    No I'm pretty sure you will need the to copy the identified/submitted/verified folders if you want your global site lists.
  • ok yes it makes sense
    thanks
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    or use the new feature to import/export your site lists
  • @Sven
    that is also a very nice feature !!
    thanks
    Well that's a new feature to me. Definitely go with the import/export site lists. That feature came out of nowhere. :)
  • @sven I can't seem to find this new feature :-( Where exactly is it?
  • options -> advanced -> tools