Skip to content

LOCK SER w Hide Window, Hide Taskbar Icon +Option to PW Lock/Hide Window/Hide Icon On ALL GSA prgms?

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited September 2019 in Feature Requests
Hi, Sven. :)

I recently began locking SER on my local machine when I'm away. Someone mentioned this feature recently and it just seems like a good idea. 8-)

I was wondering if it wouldn't be too much trouble to implement any of these ideas:

-[ ] OPTION to also Hide SER Main Window Checkbox on Lock Enter  PW Window in SER
-[ ] OPTION to also Hide SER Taskbar Icon  Checkbox on Lock Enter  PW Window in SER

Also wondering about these:

-[ ] OPTION to also  Lock ALL GSA SEO Programs thru SER on Lock Enter  PW Window

That could PW lock (with above two features also optional if checked)  other GSA SEO products opened/running until unlocked thru SER.

Do you think this might be useful?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    if you hide everything, how will you unlock it?
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited September 2019
    if you hide everything, how will you unlock it?

Good point. :p I guess you can just keep the unlock window open and visible? Is that possible?

I think it would be OK to have an unlock window always on-screen.

It might raise someone's curiousity, but that's OK. If someone really wanted to check processes, etc., they could find it all, anyway.  But most people wouldn't bother or even know to do this...

But it would definitely keep casual snooping at bay and afford some measure of privacy.

What about hiding all and having a user-defined key combo that JUST brings up the unlock window?

I also considered dummy projects and status messages scrolling by. haha

I was up late (well, kinda late, anyway) last nite and was wondering about all this. :);)
    I will hide the forms and only leave it in taskbar...that should be ok I guess
    Im not sure about the locking of all GSA tools really...it's a bit too much and some don't want that so I keep that as it is.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    OK, thanks Sven. Maybe I was going a bit overboard? lol :p
    naw all ok