Skip to content

Scheduled Start/stop of GSA PS on a server

Hello,
i'm using PS on windows server in my office, in order to not take all the bandwidth i would like to make a scheduled task that start PS at 5 PM and close it at 9 AM.
what would be the best solution for doing that ? i know how to start, but don't know how to safely close the application...

Thanks for helping.
Tagged:

Comments

• by the way could it be a feature added in PS ? that way the app still runs and start scraping/checkin proxies in a defined time range. That would be amazing.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    you have it in latest update (v2.96).
  • cetipabocetipabo france
    edited September 2019
    Thanks, but i don't see where is that setting ?? can you please point me in the right direction to find it ??
    options->automatic search
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited September 2019
    "the app still runs and start scraping/checkin proxies in a defined time range." -cetipabo france August 29

"you have it in latest update (v2.96)."  Sven www.GSA-Online.de September 9 Flag Accepted Answer Thanks

Sven, does this new feature affect how the Proxy Server functions in any way?

Will freeing up checking proxies for a time period SER/other programs are not using GSA-PS help free PS for use as a Proxy Server?

I am unsure. Sorry, I know I've asked a similar Q in the past.

In other words, does maximum threads have ANYthing to do with the number of open connections SER, a browser, SB, etc. has to GSA-PS, or does this Max Threads only affect scanning/searching/checking of proxies?

Thanks for your patience.......!  :)  :p

that new option has basically three disadvantages:

1. You might use a proxy for testing that is down and then you will not notice if the proxy you are testing is down or the proxy used for testing. You can overcome this situation if you use very stable proxies only for this job (e.g. tag them with an unused TAG and define that TAG in the options for proxies to use for testing)

2. It all slows things down a bit as you are not directly accessing the proxy. That also means that the speed you see is not that much accurate. If the proxy used for testing is slow, it is also showing a slow speed for the tested proxy

3. It's also slower since it will try to use 3 different proxies for testing once it finds the proxy for testing is down.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • Sorry but i don't understand how this setting is working....
    i want the scraper runing between 18 hour and 08 hour.
    i can't set this... so i guess in start-time 18:00 doesn't mean 6 o'clock PM ???
    and i can't set the end-time to what i want....
    but you can set it up to work from 00:00 to 06:00 right? I will have to make modifications so that you can let it work from one day to another in the morning on next update.
  • cetipabocetipabo france
    edited September 2019
    ok thank you ! so i just noticed the 2.98 update.
    is there a bug about the minutes ?? it's going from 01 to 12 only? Once you validate the minutes in the start time is 00 and in the end time is 30. and when you click EDIT, it is stuck on 09 minutes...
    fixed in v2.99 sorry
  • Thank you very much ! now it works well :lol: :