Skip to content

While creating a backlink, Can I use the articles that I have posted on my blog?

I have asked this question on many platforms but didn't receive any point to point answer. So I would appreciate if someone can give me a clear and exact answer in simple words.

Sorry if my question sounds lame, I am just getting started into SEO

1. While submitting articles through GSA SER, Can I use the articles that I have posted on my blog?

For example - I will copy the article from my blog and paste it in GSA SER to publish it on web 2.0 sites and other.

Will it work?

If yes is the case then how do you suggest me to link my website in that article? By linking that article to 2nd article on my website or what?

Or do I have to write a short article to publish it on web 2.0, social bookmarking sites, etc? Which will link it to the long article on my website?

If I have to write a short article then what length and keyword density should I target in a short article?

2. My 2nd question is -

Let's suppose I have 2 articles on my website which I want to submit (X and Y)

I submitted article X and created backlinks for that (T1, T2, and T3) Which include websites like Tumblr, WordPress, etc.

Now I want to Submit article (Y) then I hope creating backlinks on the same website (Tumblr, WordPress . etc) will not affect or penalize my website?

Thanks

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited September 2019
    "1. While submitting articles through GSA SER, Can I use the articles that I have posted on my blog?

For example - I will copy the article from my blog and paste it in GSA SER to publish it on web 2.0 sites and other. "

As far as I know, the answer is NO.

OK; articles are syndicated all the time. So that means an article is basically copied and pasted into another site somewhere. That's legit. It happens every day.

BUT...

...for SEO, you don't really want a million identical copies (or a thousand) of your articles on a bunch of blogs.

If it were on super-well-known A-list sites (you pay $XXXX for per article post!), maybe it would be different? But those cost a lot to post on, and you would do that on an individual basis, not through SER.

Either way, I've been told there's a duplicate content penalty.

So, you may want to spin your article first, so that copies on other sites are not identical.

"If yes is the case then how do you suggest me to link my website in that article? By linking that article to 2nd article on my website or what?"

Well, linking from one article to the exact same article would upset and beffudle a user!  >_< >_< >_< :|:(

Think in terms of semantics and meaning firstly, and SEO secondly. Don't spam. That's not what these GSA products do, at their best. Useful content is what it's about; you're just trying to automate your efforts!!

I'd say, link back to the main page on the site. Or an index.  Now, for SEO, maybe linking to the same article would actually be better, but I would suggest going for a good, useful campaign, at least at the tiers near your site. ;)

Or do I have to write a short article to publish it on web 2.0, social bookmarking sites, etc? Which will link it to the long article on my website?

Usually, this is what's done. :)

If I have to write a short article then what length and keyword density should I target in a short article?

People say all different things. I did not test thoroughly to discover the optimum. I use at least ~500 words, and sometimes up to ~1500. Vary it, I guess.

For SER, some lengths are set at 250 and 500 character lengths. Use program's suggested content length for each. But those are NOT for articles!

Density? Hmm... Don't go crazy. natural-sounding language, plus "constellations" of related KWs is probably best.

("Protein shakes are great as snacks because protein shakes are good for you. If you want best nutrition, protein shakes are better than soda or coffee. My favorite protein shake is hemp powder with chocolate and vanilla, but there are many protein shake choices out there if protein shakes happen to be your thing. Even if protein shakes are new to you, protein shakes are the best.")

Your Last Question...

I submitted article X and created backlinks for that (T1, T2, and T3) Which include websites like Tumblr, WordPress, etc.

Now I want to Submit article (Y) then I hope creating backlinks on the same website (Tumblr, WordPress . etc) will not affect or penalize my website?

You can put multiple backlinks on sites like Tumblr. It's a big place and it won't look odd.

You can even set SER to make new links on the same sites, or stop this from happening. You can choose to use new accounts, or post on the same account multiple times.

Using different accounts is probably best, just for diversity. How would it look if only one account posted a million back-links JUST to you?

It would seem like that user is WAY TOO enthused about your site. Seems weird. Google is not dumb so how might that seem? I guess it really depends on how it was done...
  • Deeeeeeee said:
    "1. While submitting articles through GSA SER, Can I use the articles that I have posted on my blog?

For example - I will copy the article from my blog and paste it in GSA SER to publish it on web 2.0 sites and other. "

As far as I know, the answer is NO.

OK; articles are syndicated all the time. So that means an article is basically copied and pasted into another site somewhere. That's legit. It happens every day.

BUT...

...for SEO, you don't really want a million identical copies (or a thousand) of your articles on a bunch of blogs.

If it were on super-well-known A-list sites (you pay $XXXX for per article post!), maybe it would be different? But those cost a lot to post on, and you would do that on an individual basis, not through SER.

Either way, I've been told there's a duplicate content penalty.

So, you may want to spin your article first, so that copies on other sites are not identical.

"If yes is the case then how do you suggest me to link my website in that article? By linking that article to 2nd article on my website or what?"

Well, linking from one article to the exact same article would upset and beffudle a user!  >_< >_< >_< :|:(

Think in terms of semantics and meaning firstly, and SEO secondly. Don't spam. That's not what these GSA products do, at their best. Useful content is what it's about; you're just trying to automate your efforts!!

I'd say, link back to the main page on the site. Or an index.  Now, for SEO, maybe linking to the same article would actually be better, but I would suggest going for a good, useful campaign, at least at the tiers near your site. ;)

Usually, this is what's done. :)

People say all different things. I did not test thoroughly to discover the optimum. I use at least ~500 words, and sometimes up to ~1500. Vary it, I guess.

For SER, some lengths are set at 250 and 500 character lengths. Use program's suggested content length for each. But those are NOT for articles!

Density? Hmm... Don't go crazy. natural-sounding language, plus "constellations" of related KWs is probably best.

("Protein shakes are great as snacks because protein shakes are good for you. If you want best nutrition, protein shakes are better than soda or coffee. My favorite protein shake is hemp powder with chocolate and vanilla, but there are many protein shake choices out there if protein shakes happen to be your thing. Even if protein shakes are new to you, protein shakes are the best.")

Your Last Question...

You can put multiple backlinks on sites like Tumblr. It's a big place and it won't look odd.

You can even set SER to make new links on the same sites, or stop this from happening. You can choose to use new accounts, or post on the same account multiple times.

Using different accounts is probably best, just for diversity. How would it look if only one account posted a million back-links JUST to you?

It would seem like that user is WAY TOO enthused about your site. Seems weird. Google is not dumb so how might that seem? I guess it really depends on how it was done...
    So in short as far as I understand from your comment that I should use this technique

1. I should write a new and unique short article which will link to a long article of the same topic on my website.

Is that correct?
    edited September 2019
    1. I should write a new and unique short article which will link to a long article of the same topic on my website.

Is that correct?

As far as I've learned, YES. This sounds about right.

But you could even post an even longer article than  the one on your site, pointing to the article on your site.

You should create a few varied articles per project, not just one. Experts on here have told me this in the past. :)

The articles you are posting each can be different lengths.

The more, the better; it depends on how many you post and the size and scope of your campaign, but more articles that are unique (and each can be spun, if you decide to go that route) is always a good thing.

Can't hurt, at the very least. :p

Best of success to you!~

• Deeeeeeee said:

Is that correct?

As far as I've learned, YES. This sounds about right.

But you could even post an even longer article than  the one on your site, pointing to the article on your site.

You should create a few varied articles per project, not just one. Experts on here have told me this in the past. :)

The articles you are posting each can be different lengths.

The more, the better; it depends on how many you post and the size and scope of your campaign, but more articles that are unique (and each can be spun, if you decide to go that route) is always a good thing.

Can't hurt, at the very least. :p

Best of success to you!~

Thanks a lot for your help.  

I really appreciate it.

One more thing if you don't mind

I can across this proxy website https://proxy.webshare.io/

Seems legit to me and they provide private proxies (as mentioned on their website)

So do you suggest I should purchase from them to start of my campaign? 

Are they good proxy providers?

Thanks
    edited September 2019
    "Thanks a lot for your help."

Any time. : )

"So do you suggest I should purchase from them to start of my campaign?  Are they good proxy providers?"

I don't know every provider out there, but I don't know if I've ever seen this company  advertised or reviewed before. Maybe it's new?

These are HTTP proxies. SOCKS4 and SOCKS5 are probably better for what you need. (These are different protocols, or ways the computers talk to each other over a network.) If this is untrue, someone please jump in and let me know! Thanks!~

Also, there are a limited number of proxies in each region with this particular service.  Proxies like this are good for browsing, and checking local rankings, but they're probably banned all over.  You share these with everyone else. No rules, so they will get abused.

These seem more like they're used much like old local Internet outdials people would use to call BBSes worldwide without paying charges were employed way back when, or the way people use VPNs today. I think maybe these are more for browsing web sites privately (and appearing as though you're from a certain location) than for working with GSA.

But I could easily be wrong. For $0 or $7 it's DEF worth a shot.

"Unlimited concurrent requests."

With no limits, I can't see how you don't get serious lag at times. But who knows? The intro package costs nothing.

The free deal seems like you can't go wrong, but what does 0+ Proxies mean, anyway? :|

"900+ Proxies"

That's not a very large pool.  :( 

Storm Proxies offers a way larger a collection of rotating proxies. And, the service is specifically geared for use with GSA and SEO.

I'd always suggest subscribing to two services, just in case one has a billing issue or whatever. Things do happen, credit cards numbers change, and you want to be able to run SER and other software when you need to.  Redundancy is best for proxies and other critical stuff. : )

Stormproxies seems the most on-point in my experience, but Solidproxies is also highest-level, according to those that know their stuff on here. (I've never used them)

Maybe start with the free service and see what it's all about? You never know, it may be cool. Let us know! ;)