Skip to content

Encoding, its hard, can we fix it?

andrzejekandrzejek Polska
edited July 2019 in Need Help
I still do not understand how SER handles encoding, we all know encoding is hard, but no matter how hard i try SER won't pickup some text. UTF-8, Ansi (Windows-1252). Can you explain what is the correct  way to make sure SER can read the chars in the correct way? What is important? My text editor, file encoding, how do i paste the message into engine.ini to make sure it all works? What i should do to avoid messing up the file encoding (opening file in wrong editor) ?

Comments

• andrzejekandrzejek Polska
    edited July 2019
    Now imagine this; it works, but only for simple chars (plain english), otherwise SER cannot detect what it just extracted... there must be something wrong.

Edit: i may be wrong, beacuse this variable is extracted before the submission, not afterwards...
    [msg_login_failed]
    type=extract
    front1=class="error-login">
    back1=</
    submit failed=%msg_login_failed%
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I'm not sure if this is working at all. However there is no encoding needed. You have to use the exact text that would get sent from the server (byte by byte). 
  • Yes it works, but it is picked up before the submission.

I have to use the exact text (byte by byte).

But in what encoding do i save the file ? What do i exactly paste (clipboards brake encoding).
    In the ini file, you need to have the same bytes as seen on the page... no matter what encoding. 
  • To clarify, just like SER shows it in the debug HTML Source ?
    Yes