Skip to content

Competitors backlinks

Is there a way to find a competitors backlinks and then create postings from those same places?  If so.. HOW do you do that? 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    - enable the project option under search engine selection box.
    - parse ahref.com and import the urls.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    Sven, these are  two different ways of doing this, no?

Or, does "post to competitors backlinks" put SER in a special mode, and  adding the competitors' URLs was a second step that I didn't even know about, and SER finds those backlinks based on the added competitors' URLs?

It makes more sense that they are distinctly different ways of getting the backlinks, one being automated, and the second being manual ways of adding the competitors' BACKLINKS. :|:|
  • If there is a way to do it with GSA that would be great.   
    edited February 2019
    You'd probably need a subscription to AHREFs or comparable services, also, for such a feature to work.  Imagine if it pulls in EVERYTHING from ALL subscriptions?! :)

If it isn't presently a feature in SER, wonder if you could do this with SB (and some add-on?) and SER, integrated?
    With "post to competitors backlinks"enabled, SER does the following:

1. take a random keyword from the project data
    2. do a search on  search engines with this keyword
    3. take the top links returned and do another search with "link:url-from-point2.com"
    4. SER tries now to post to all the returned sites from the search in point 3.

Thanked by 2Deeeeeeee JackDaniel
    Super cool feature!!  Never really considered what this would actually do...!
    edited February 2019
    Setting up a test project isolating this feature, rather than blindly turning it on with a "why not" attitude of turning it on just because more is better as I had done in the past.

Targeting very few KWs I am choosing by hand.

Also, Sven, if I had this feature on, does that project then ALWAYS do this 4 step process above, or does SER also attempt to build links in the usual way? Thanks.
    edited February 2019
    Anyone know if "Post to Competitor's Backlinks" is affected by "Always Use KW to Find Target" Checkbox?

"Always Use KW' seems to make this above special mode always on, as in other situations, with the checkbox not selected, SER seems to look for backlinks on engines that are not KW-dependent, if those engines are checked AS WELL as the special 4-Step Competitor Back-link search.

Can't believe this was in there the whole time and never really asked why I should or shouildn't use this... Wow...seems like a powerful tool!!!
    this mode being enabled is just another way how to get targets...every other method is used same as before.
    How do I make this the exclusive mode SER uses to find targets for a project, Sven?
    hmm impossible because you need to select search engines and then SER is also using them to find target sites with normal footprints.
    Oh well :( ...hmm...seems would have been cool to suppress using those other project targets and just have an exclusively competition-backlink-seeking-and-posting project running, just for ease in seeing what's coming from where...