Skip to content

Finds the Correct Contact Page, but Fails to Identify the Form

NatNat USA
edited December 2018 in GSA Website Contact
After GSA Contact failed to find the basic contact form on one of my cookie cutter WordPress websites, I've been manually going through some lists and spot checking results.

I've discovered that a huge number of failures are being reported as "Ready failed (no Contact-Form found)" even though most of them have extremely basic/default contact forms on the pages.

Here's a little sample of sites GSA marked as "Ready failed (no Contact-Form found)"

Is there something I was supposed to configure to allow GSA to find forms like these?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    many of these sites give me a contact form ...
    18 = contact form present
    23 = no contact form

Those who fail for finding the contact form have been failed by one of the following:
    • no form element at all (added by javascript)
    • textarea field without name (added by javascript)
    • other javascript modifications
  • Hi,

I have the same issue here. Why, for instance, cannot it find the contact form of this website:
    https://www.6-design.com/
    It seems to be a usual Wordpress contact form. I have many fails like this one  :'(
    Thanks,
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    this works perfectly for me. It finds the contact sub page + form and can submit.
  • Sven said:
    many of these sites give me a contact form ...
    18 = contact form present
    23 = no contact form

Those who fail for finding the contact form have been failed by one of the following:
    • no form element at all (added by javascript)
    • textarea field without name (added by javascript)
    • other javascript modifications
    I think proxies definitely hinder identification. I was able to identify 15 on the list I posted in the OP when I used a server IP vs dedicated proxies. Somehow still less than the 18 you identified, but closer.
    almagic said:
    Hi,

I have the same issue here. Why, for instance, cannot it find the contact form of this website:
    https://www.6-design.com/
    It seems to be a usual Wordpress contact form. I have many fails like this one  :'(
    Thanks,
    GSACF was able to find a contact form on this site. Maybe try again without using a proxy.
  • looplineloopline autoapprovemarketplace.com
    Why would you use proxies for identification?  I never do that.  Its just a waste, not necessary.