Skip to content

Latest SER/CB update thinks "drop down menus" are captchas

edited December 2018 in Bugs
Hi,

I just received an email from 2captcha saying my API access could be blocked for submitting things that aren't captchas... 

It seems that after one of the latest SER/CB updates, it now thinks that drop down menus are captchas, and it submitting them to captcha solvers.

Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    are you using serengines.com with it? Thats the only thing where Im not sure about and which might be able to send screenshots as capthas.
  • No, not SERengines, just regular engines. But 2captcha is emailing me saying my account could be blocked, and this has never happened in the past... any idea what sort of captcha could be doing this? I could simply uncheck it.
    Well I have no idea really. SER/CB where not changed in the way they work.

Do you have 2captcha defined inside SER or CB?
    If it's in CB, then do you see some strange captchas as that one in your image in the log of CB?
  • Nope, it's only in SER... Next time it happens, I'll look at the specific captcha "type" that's doing this, and report it here.
    OK, so to be clear, CB has no captcha service defined?
  • Correct, the captcha services are only defined in SER, not CB.

CB -> 2captcha -> DBC

in SER, nothing in CB.
    perfect...then it must be SER sending this crap but as nothing has changed the way SER sends captchas or new engines have been added recently, I have no idea where it should come from.

Please report back if you have more data.