Skip to content

How to blacklist an entire domain

I would like to blacklist an entire domain and all of its subdomains in Search Engine Ranker. I went to options then filter. I added the domain and it says "last update never". What am I doing wrong? I don't ever want to post to this domain.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    If you add a domain (no subdomain) it should skip this any time from then on. This "Last Update: Never" is from URLs with a path that hold a list of domains that should be skipped.
  • It doesn't seem to be working. I put the domain in and it's still posting to subdomains of it. Do you know what I could be doing wrong?
    when you have something added like *domain.com then every subdomain is skipped as well. I will however change that on next update that subdomains are skipped as well by default if you have the root domain in it.
  • I tried the *domain.com and that doesn't seem to work either.
    in global blacklist?
  • I went to options > filter and then added *domain.com to the blacklist. It's still posting to all of its subdomains.
    can you send the project backup + screenshot of the settings to debug here here?
  • I don't know how to send the project back up. I'm not sure if I want to. That is if it leaks information for projects that I'm currently working on.

Let me understand if I have the process right. I click on options then filter, and then I click on add and add the domain. I can add the domain with an asterisk to blacklist all subdomains also. If this is the process, then it's not working at all for me.
    No need to worry. Im not interested in your nice or whatsoever. All I want is fixing the bug if there is one.

Anyway, I hope you are talking about global options and not the project options? Because only global once offer *domain.com as a filter.

• Is the process that I laid about before the way to get to the global options? 

Just to understand. I click on options and then I click on filter. From theren I click on add and then enter the *domain.com to block the domain and subdomains of it. If this is the process, then it doesn't work for me.
    ok then I will check it tomorrow. Still your project would be good to know exactly what goes wrong.
  • Thank you.
    latest update should fix things
  • It didn't. I always update when I see it available. I'm still having the same issue.
    v2.27 ?