Skip to content

Articles Platforms not posting to

edited August 2012 in Need Help
Article Beach, Article Dashboard, Article Directory Pro, Article Friendly, Article Script, Article MS

I have never seen a single submitted or Verified link from these. Do other people here get links from these platforms?? Maybe the Article body i have is too long (500 words+) ?? Mediwiki works fine, but not these above

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited August 2012
    You need to be more specific. Which filters you are using (OBL, PR), which proxies, which captcha solving method.

MediaWiki just posts profile links and is far more popular than any article directory (= way more targets). Make sure that you have select the right categories as well. Last but not least, many article directories are manually reviewing uploaded articles. This means, that not all articles are published instantly and it takes some time until you get some results.
  • Are you personally getting links fine from these? I have tried with high PR, no PR. Low OBL or compeletely disabled OBL check. For categories i have added a bunch that should exist at least one of them on every Art dir including all the misc ones. Captcha i am using CS and Imagetypers as backup. As proxies i am using 25 private squids+100 shared ones. All proxies show fine during checks in GSA and Scrapebox.

I am getting ok rates on everything beside these article platforms only.. also the wikis are posting, for these the prog will pull the author info and post.. for the articles the prog would probably post the article body. I was running a project only to check on these article platforms and nothing happens.. I will also try a totally new project and modify article body and summary to check if the problem lies there..
  • OzzOzz
    edited August 2012
    Compared to the Wiki sites I'm getting way less backlinks but thats in the nature of those platforms I think. But yes, I get some with a far worse setup compared to yours.
    Maybe it helps if you prescrape article directories for submission. I've also seperated article submission from the main project.

PS: Are you submitting to moodle sites? You can publish your articles on many of that sites and the engine working great for me (many high PR dofollow backlinks).

• edited August 2012
    Thanks for your reply, i have also set aside beside main site projects a Article Project only, that i usually include all the Article Platforms incl. wikis, and also the new moodle one + a 2nd Tier that posts links to the main site project links and article project links. I seen some good backlinks from Moodle aswell. Very good wiki links also with incredible high domain PR. I was just wandering about these article platforms and why they dont come along for me..

Right now i have only these enabled for a test and as i see it scrapes sites with footprints and kw's but the domains it scrapes do not look much they could be any of the article platforms (i remember some urls from AMR).. many of them will have 'xyzarticles' in the url name.. Subsequently i am seeing the message "no engine matches' on all of these that GSA scrapes.. hmmm

When you scrape your platforms with scrapebox, then you just put the whole list into your options, tools, 'identify sites' dialogue ?
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    What I usually do if I want more of a certain type of platform added to my campaign is I'll duplicate the project and on the duplicated project I'll only select the platforms I want more of which would be article directories in your case. Since I know wiki's are easier to get and I'm looking for the other article directories I would uncheck all wiki types (mediawiki, tikiwiki and moin moin) and leave all other article types checked.

Also, on the duplicated project I'll use a newly created email address that hasn't been used before so things run a bit smoother.

I just tested this on the article directories and have only had it running a couple of minutes and already have 40 article submissions. (PR2 and above)

You should try it out.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Also, for best success rate, you'll notice that most article directories are pr0. There are plenty of PHP Link Article sites that are higher PR but the rest are mainly PR0 so that's another reason why you might be missing out on those directories.
  • OzzOzz
    edited August 2012
    >  When you scrape your platforms with scrapebox, then you just put the whole list into your options, tools, 'identify sites' dialogue ? 

It depends. Most of the time I import scraped target URLs directly into the project.
  • Yes Santos i am familiar with this and also was doing it all along. I have now created a completely new project. Ticked only the first 6 Article platforms, new email, no PR or OBL restrictions, all english SE's, 125 working proxies, use kw's to find sites, no bad words. So basically everything new with no rescrictions.

.. well it seems after 20 minutes there are a few few of these sites out there and with the new project i can see 48 submitted now. I believe these article beach/dashb/script etc sites are quite few there and it does not matter with how many KW's you scrape them, that won't make more of them. Different to the wikis and wordpress articles for sure wich can be found in large numbers.

What I usually do if I want more of a certain type of platform added to my campaign is I'll duplicate the project and on the duplicated project I'll only select the platforms I want more of which would be article directories in your case. Since I know wiki's are easier to get and I'm looking for the other article directories I would uncheck all wiki types (mediawiki, tikiwiki and moin moin) and leave all other article types checked.

Also, on the duplicated project I'll use a newly created email address that hasn't been used before so things run a bit smoother.