Skip to content

Avoiding Spam Alerts & Folders

When you start sending 100k form submits whatever domains you're using will get flagged.
So even if you have 10 domains you spin, you'll still get ***SPAM*** issues.

1) Is there a way to bulk create redirects using various redirect services?
- so we don't get flagged here? (So we could have 1000 variations instead of 10)

2) Email providers don't like having complicated urls. They get flagged.  So even if we could use the redirects in the above option, the issue is that if you have an unsub url where people can request to be removed it's often the same one.
SO even if you use multiple domains we still need to mix up the unsub url but it has a dynamic variable!

http://takemeoff.com/?dom=%%domain%%
would be http://takemeoff.com/?dom=targetsite1.com

@Sven Would it be possible have it auto create a redirect before submission?
E.g. it would convert http://takemeoff.com/?dom=targetsite1.com into bit.ly/1asasas/ for submission 1, and http://takemeoff.com/?dom=targetsite2.com inot bit.ly/sdkjkjl/ for submissions 2. 

Is something like this even possible?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    no, I will not add that at all, it would spam the shortener services to death
  • looplineloopline autoapprovemarketplace.com
    edited October 2018
    From what I have seen shortner service urls already get blocked really fast.  I suppose you could just do this anyway though and create 5 million shortened urls that all point to your 1 domain, but again, spam filters have to have a plan in place for this. 

For example, when they see a bit.ly domain and the same message too many times they are going to link it.   I guess if you spun everything to death maybe, but you begin to lose integrity of the message at that point and even if you can get it delivered and no one clicks, its pointless. 

Its a problem to be sure, but Im not sure there is a great solution.  You could buy 100 domains that are 88 cents each and just park them all on top of 1 domain that has shared hosting (this won't work if your using SSL, but will work if your not using it).  Or you could just fabricate them all out and then spin them in and keep the volume low so 100K times 100 domains is only 1000K send for each domain.

Im just thinking out loud, I didn't try such a thing.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    You could buy 100 domains that are 88 cents each
    -> Where are you picking these up? That could be a great workaround!

My only worry is using weird tld's as it will heaving impact conversion I think...

Some testing is needed here!
    I "only" use weird TLDs and its had no "seeming" impact on my stuff.  All over, Dynadot always has sales, I got some from name cheap etc..
  • dma0245dma0245 NL
    edited October 2018
    Do you think the IP that send the form is an issue too on this? 
    Its not likely that the sending IP matters.  I mean it may be captured and show up in the form, if there is a plugin for that, like I capture GDPR acceptance and ip on some contact form submissions. 

but otherwise, the ip of the sending server will be the website its self.  So I don't "think" it matters, but I hundreds of proxies anyway, so there is a lot of mix so maybe Im missing something.
  • dma0245dma0245 NL
    edited October 2018
    Thanks!!!! Using a lot of proxies too at the moment.

I am testing the tool with new resgistred domains now and redirect them to my main one.

First 2 weeks were awesome with sales, but now it's 10% of what it used to be because its received in the spam box..

Do you advice other methodes to avoid the forms are getting in the spambox quickly?

No, its just going to go into the spam box at some point for some people, like gmail is of course very good at it.  But plenty of people with contact forms are going to go to whatever@their-domain.com  so they may not have spam filters at all. 

I just rotate out my forwarding domains every so often.  Ive not tried using url shortners, debated, may try at some point, but it would be worth a split test at least I guess.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @loopline - while researching email marketing I've seen a few people suggest that Google handles 40% of emails on the internet behind the scenes. So it's a big chunk if Gmail is filtering your stuff I think. I haven't verified the stat but seen a few people reference it!
    Could be true.  Gsuite and all.    But to be sure, 40% is still 40%.  Id guess its heavier in the consumer email then the business email.  Sure they have gsuite for business and its free for non profits and lots of things, I get it. 

But the stats might be more like 15% of business email and 60% of consumer email.  Im just guessing of course.  Is what it is, if i can only get thru to 60% thats 60% more then 0%.