Skip to content

Export Bulk Project to 1 CSV File

maximilianjihanmaximilianjihan indonesia
edited August 2018 in GSA Content Generator
Dear, 

Currently i have 1000 keywords and i plan to create 1 project for each keywords and each project will be product only 1 article. The idea is i want to make 1 keywords -> 1 article and export them into CSV format then i will make some little change on Excel before upload to the main website.

So i move to "create multiple project from keywords" and it seem this software working well.. then i have problem while exporting the result.. In default this software will export each project into 1 csv, that i mean i have 1000 csv.. That fine, i can merge csv file with following software, so i merge them all. . after that i found something important missing or maybe still not available in the export feature..

I just imagine that we can export all project in to 1 csv with 1 header.. also very important the output data included "project name".. for example:

Project Name | Title | Content | Image URL

Looking forward for the feedback, 

Best

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    you have to create your own export template here. -You can also export many projects into one csv fil using the export button on the toolbar while having more than one project selected. Just have a look in the export template files and you will quickly realize that creating youw own template is very easy.
  • how to create that template? is there any guide?
  • Dear Sven, , actually i did't found that in export feature list. . . could you explain me how to do that? 
    there is no guide but once you open one of the templates in notepad, you will realize that it is easy to writ your own. The templates (actually ini files) are documented as well.
  • sorry i did't understand it.. like which menu, and which file, since i did't found the templates file in the installation directory.. sorry for this, i need help how to do that, since i'm still newbie. .
    c:\users\<login>\appdata\roaming\gsa proxy scraper\export_templates\*.ini
  • i found that file, and trying to edit this part:

-------------------------

;the format of each article to save
    format article="%title%","%body%","%imageurls%","%prj%"

header="title","content","imageurl"\n

;by default, a new line in article is not replaced
    format new line=<br>

replace=";""|

;how to modify the paragraph!? where %s% is the paragraph
    ;format paragraph=<p>%s%</p>

;set it to save multiple articles into one file, else we will create a new one for each
    seperator=|
    -----------------------

Any suggestion to fixed that? i want to make output format:
    Project Name | Title | Content | Image URL

and all data will be exported as 1 csv file, , 

need help :)
    edited August 2018
    seperator=\n
    header="title","content","imageurl","project"\n

rest looks good
  • Many thanks Sven, , Looks good. . 

For the output format as my expected, but still generated multiple file.  . like i have 3 project that will be create 3 csv file. . anything that i've missed for the template?
    no idea...i will have to check once im back in office.
  • looking forward. .. :)