Skip to content

Feature Request: Generate Aricles From Each Keyword Only

So what I'm trying to do with GSA CG right now is to generate multiple articles on different topics within one project. Example:

How to train dogs
how to train cats
hot to train penguins

So if I enter all the keywords above, GSA CS will mix content from all the articles it finds from each of the keywords. The end result would be an article with first paragraph for training dogs, the second cats and third pengiuns for example.

My aim is to create one article for dogs, one for cats and another for penguins within the same project. The ideal way to do this would be to somehow group keywords per topic within the same article. For example if I add these into the Keyword field in the project:

how to train dogs,dog training tips, dog training guide
how to train cats,cat training tips, cat training guide
how to train penguins,penguin training tips, penguin training guide

And select a new added feature called "Generate articles by keyword groups", GSA CG will scrape for content for all of the added keywords, but will only mix them up between the keywords in the same line. So it would create three type of articles: dogs, cars and penguins.

This is very important for me, because I want to generate more precise articles and in much smaller quantities or one of each. So if I want to generate an article for each animal, currently I would have to create a new project for each of the animals, and then export them one by one..  Which defeats the purpose of using an automated software. I hope you understand what I mean by this.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    but then you should create one project for each topic. You can create them on batch as well pressing the down arrow on the NEW button.
  • edited June 2018
    I think this can be done, but I cannot export them in batch. Can you add an export multiple projects option?

Also please keep in mind that the export option should include all the articles from all selected projects into one file export.

It would be nice to display all the articles from the selected projects in the lower "Article" window, so you can also select which articles you want to export from all those projects selected in the upper window.
    you can do that as well when highlighting more than one project and press the EXPORT button in toolbar.
  • You are correct, that is awesome! :)

However I've noticed that it will export each project as a separate file. Let's say I want to export 100 articles from 100 projects for wordpress. GSA CG will create 100 xml files that need to be imported into one site. Wordpress allows to select one file only per import. This mean I would have to import each file one by one and that is a lot of work.

Any chance of making an option to add all articles in the same export file?
    copy /b is no option?
  • Just tried, but I discovered that the wordpress.xml file cannot be uploaded at all even before copy/b.

I get the following error message:

Failed to import “POST NAME”: Invalid post type
    Failed to import “POST NAME 2”: Invalid post type

I guess it should be specified in the xml file whether the post is set as POST or PAGE. If this is the case, GSA CG should ask the user whether he wants to export as wordpress pages or wordpress posts, since both are used.

One additional tip: if you could make GSA CG ask the user to set the posts date to drip-feed it would be great. A way to schedule posts like each day/week/RANDOM, backschedule(to previous dates etc..) it would be an awesome feature as well.

can you try to add <type>post</type> or <post_type>post</post_type> in the <item> section and see if that imports?
  • Nope, that didn't work. Tried adding both type and post_type in the <item> section. And tried both post and page. None of the opsts imported. Same error: Invalid post type.
  • While exporting a page to see the result I can see this tag:

<wp:post_type><![CDATA[page]]></wp:post_type>

I suppose it is the same but instead of page, post for posts.

Tried it on import it worked.
    thanks, I will add that in next update. And changing that to

<wp:post_type><![CDATA[post]]></wp:post_type>

will also work?
  • Yes, that is correct. It will work to import as post. Just tried it.
    ok then i make it optional
    just releasing the update.